Gilbert + Tobin is a law firm which has developed long standing relationships with Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations through the work of our Pro Bono practice.
With the launch of our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) (RAP) in October 2008, we set in place a framework to further develop our commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. We were the first Sydney law firm to have a RAP and the second nationally. Our RAP covers a number of activities including:
- supporting an Indigenous Employment Strategy that includes places for Indigenous people in non-legal roles and an Indigenous Cadetship Program for law students
- prioritising pro bono support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and organisations
- hosting visits from Indigenous university students, especially from the University of New South Wales Indigenous Winter School
- providing financial support for a number of Indigenous community organisations including the Tribal Warrior Association, National Indigenous Youth Leadership Academy and Mudgin-Gal Aboriginal Corporation
- supporting Indigenous economic development by procuring products from ‘Supply Nation’ certified Indigenous businesses.
If you would like more information about our RAP or have any enquiries, please contact the Head of Corporate Social Responsibility at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Partner, Danny Gilbert discusses National Reconciliation Week (27 May – 3 June 2013).
At Gilbert + Tobin, we are committed to employing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians in our firm as part of our Reconciliation Action Plan. We provide employment opportunities in a number of ways.
Indigenous university students in at least the second year of their law degrees are welcome to apply for the Gilbert + Tobin Indigenous Cadetship Program which is offered annually. Click here for more information about the program, what’s involved and how to apply.
We also encourage applications from suitably qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for a range of roles in our legal and business support areas. To find out more about these opportunities please click here.
If you require further information about employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people at Gilbert + Tobin you can also email us at HumanResources@gtlaw.com.au.