“You want your lawyers to be commercial and proactive. You want them to be technically proficient. G+T tick all those boxes. They come to us with solutions not problems – it's a cliché, but it's true.” IFLR1000 2013
To perform on the global stage, capital markets participants must be adept at integrating with international standards. Yet Australian companies should not lose sight of their own goals or the financial and legal parameters within their own jurisdiction. To successfully navigate these challenges, you need legal advisers skilled in interpreting existing and developing legal requirements combined with a strong awareness of commercial realities.
Our Capital Markets team advise listed companies and funds, financial advisers and their clients, underwriters and institutional investors across the range of Australian capital markets transactions. Providing commercial advice and outcomes, we ensure our clients are kept informed and feel in control throughout the process.
We are renowned for providing innovative and groundbreaking advice on new and existing financial structures and financial products. We have acted for many listed corporations in their debt and equity capital markets transactions as well as placements and hybrid issues. We have excellent working relationships with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission, the Australian Securities Exchange and the Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority.
Our capital markets services include:
- conducting initial public offerings
- establishing and structuring listed and unlisted managed funds
- advising on secondary offerings including rights issues (including accelerated entitlement offers), private placements, share purchase plans and DRP underwritings
- advising on the structuring of complex capital instruments, such as debenture and hybrid offerings
- advising on capital management strategies, including buy-backs and capital reductions.
- debt capital markets and securitisation – on various programme establishments, drawdowns, credit-wrapped notes, US private placements and Islamic bonds.
Our team has also worked closely with investment bank advisers and corporate management to advise on a number of public-to-private transactions.
- iSelect: on its successful $215 million IPO and ASX listing valuing the company at $480 million.
- Virtus Health IPO: Advising Morgan Stanley and UBS as the joint lead managers, bookrunners and underwriters on the $338.7 million IPO of Virtus Health Limited.
- IRESS Limited: Advising Goldman Sachs on its underwriting of IRESS’ A$206 million 2 for 9 renounceable entitlement offer. The proceeds of which will be used partly to fund IRESS’ acquisition of Avelo Financial Services in the UK.
- Envestra: Advising Goldman Sachs on the $103 million underwritten placement for Envestra.
- Aurora Oil & Gas: Acting as the Australian legal advisors on its 300 million bond offering.
- NewSat Limited: Advising Credit Suisse and Baillieu Holst as joint lead managers on NewSat Limited’s A$105 million placement, which formed part of its US$138 million capital raising.
- China Investment Corporation (CIC): Advising Goldman Sachs as underwriter and sole bookrunner for CIC’s $519.2 million sale in stake in the ASX-listed Goodman Group Limited.
- Calibre Group IPO: Acting for the underwriters, Goldman Sachs and UBS, of the $75 million Calibre Group IPO.
Partners and Special Counsel
Other Team Members
Andrew De Celis
Jessica van Rooy