“They provide a very high level of service and they are customer-centric with a number of pre-eminent partners in key areas, and that differentiates them from other firms.” Chambers Asia Pacific 2013
Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory Group provides innovative solutions and project management for large-scale corporate transactions as well as advises on a range of related corporate issues.
We service a diverse client base including listed companies in all sectors, investment banks, institutional investors, large privately-held companies and private equity firms.
The team is made up of highly respected lawyers with skills appropriate to a range of merger and acquisition and capital markets transactions.
We provide a range of services to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Corporations Act and good corporate governance practices. Our team has advised senior management and boards on a wide range of complex business and legal issues.
Regarded as one of the leading advisers to private equity funds, our team blends traditional corporate law skills with an understanding of the needs of private equity investors.
Our corporate advisory services include:
- corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, and related due diligence, tax and structuring issues
- joint ventures, including devising ownership, management and operational structures to meet commercial and regulatory requirements
- IPOs, placements and rights issues for companies and managed funds
- complex private equity structuring and consequent investment and exit transactions; including management and leveraged buy-outs
- capital management strategies, including buy-backs and capital reductions
- capital markets activities, including the structuring of complex capital instruments such as debenture and hybrid offerings and warrants
- Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule compliance issues, including continuous disclosure, corporate governance and periodic disclosure obligations and board charter solutions for public and private companies
- Australian Financial Services Licence applications and compliance for licensees
- company secretarial assistance to companies, including the establishment of companies, preparing minutes and resolutions for board and shareholder meetings, and undertaking statutory filings.
- Westpac: on $1.45 billion acquisition of Lloyds Banking Australian businesses.
- GrainCorp: on the proposed $3.4 billion takeover from ADM.
- Centerbridge and Oaktree consortium: on its Takeover Panel application regarding the affairs of Billabong.
- Nine Entertainment: on its $3.4 billion restructure by scheme of arrangement.
- iSelect: on its successful $215 million IPO and ASX listing valuing the company at $480 million.
- Virtus Health IPO: Advising Morgan Stanley and UBS as the joint lead managers, bookrunners and underwriters on the $338.7 million IPO of Virtus Health Limited.
- Pacific Equity Partners: On its $1.1 billion acquisition of Spotless Group via a scheme of arrangement.
- Silver Lake Resources Limited: On its acquisition of Integra Mining Limited.
- Australian Infrastructure Fund: advising Hastings Funds Management on the proposed internalisation of the management of the and aspects of its $2 billion the sale of airport assets to the Future Fund.
- Quadrant: on the acquisition of City Farmers, Australia’s leading provider of bulk pet, garden and pool supplies.
- HOCHTIEF AirPort GmbH: on the sale of its direct and indirect interests in Sydney Airport to Sydney Airport Holdings Limited and the sale of 5.79% of the listed entity of Sydney Airport to Canadian Public Pension Investment Board.
- Fugro N.V.: on the Australian aspects of the divestment of its Geoscience Division to CGGVeritas S.A. which had a total value of €1.2 billion.