“A very agile and impressive firm with wide skill sets.” Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015
Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory Group provides innovative solutions and project management for large-scale corporate transactions as well as advises on a range of related corporate issues.
We service a diverse client base including listed companies in all sectors, investment banks, institutional investors, large privately-held companies and private equity firms.
The team is made up of highly respected lawyers with skills appropriate to a range of merger and acquisition and capital markets transactions.
We provide a range of services to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Corporations Act and good corporate governance practices. Our team has advised senior management and boards on a wide range of complex business and legal issues.
Regarded as one of the leading advisers to private equity funds, our team blends traditional corporate law skills with an understanding of the needs of private equity investors.
Our corporate advisory services include:
- corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, and related due diligence, tax and structuring issues
- joint ventures, including devising ownership, management and operational structures to meet commercial and regulatory requirements
- IPOs, placements and rights issues for companies and managed funds
- complex private equity structuring and consequent investment and exit transactions; including management and leveraged buy-outs
- capital management strategies, including buy-backs and capital reductions
- capital markets activities, including the structuring of complex capital instruments such as debenture and hybrid offerings and warrants
- Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule compliance issues, including continuous disclosure, corporate governance and periodic disclosure obligations and board charter solutions for public and private companies
- Australian Financial Services Licence applications and compliance for licensees
- company secretarial assistance to companies, including the establishment of companies, preparing minutes and resolutions for board and shareholder meetings, and undertaking statutory filings.
- Vitol on its $2.9 billion acquisition of Shell’s Australian downstream assets, including the Geelong Refinery and 870 retail sites across the country.
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as the underwriters of Transurban Group’s $2.7 billion entitlement offer.
- Aurora Oil & Gas on its $2.6 billion acquisition by Baytex.
- Woolworths Holdings Limited (South Africa) on its $2.15 billion acquisition of David Jones by scheme of arrangement.
- A consortium comprising Wilmar International Limited and First Pacific Company Limited, on the proposed $1.9 billion (enterprise value) acquisition of Goodman Fielder Limited.
- SAI Global on its $1.1 billion proposed acquisition by Pacific Equity Partners.
- Goldman Sachs on its take private of the Mirvac Industrial Trust.
- Nine Entertainment Co. on its $1.9 billion IPO and transactions such as its debt restructure by a scheme of arrangement; securing broadcast rights for the National Rugby League; acquiring Perth- and Adelaide-based affiliates of Channel Nine; the sale of ACP Magazines; and the acquisition of the remaining shares of , which it did not previously own.
- Westpac on its $8 billion acquisition of the Australian assets of Lloyds Bank.
- TPG led consortium, comprising of TPG, PAG and Canada’s Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the $1.215 billion acquisition of DTZ, a global property services business of UGL Limited.
- Telstra on its $857 million acquisition of the Asian-based telecommunications provider Pacnet, by way of merger under Bermudian law.
- Orica Limited on the $750 million sale of its Chemical business to funds advised by Blackstone.
- Pacific Equity Partners on its sale of Hoyts Group to ID Leisure Ventures Limited, a China-based investment fund founded by entrepreneur Mr Sun Xishuang
- IPOs for Spotless Group Holdings, Mantra Group, APN Outdoor, Metro Performance Glass, Burson Group and Pacific Smiles.
- Underwriters/joint lead managers on IPOs for Healthscope, Genworth Mortgage Insurance Australia, SG Fleet, Monash IVF Group, Huon Aquaculture Group, iSentia, Speedcast International and The Pas Group.