Mergers and Acquisitions
“This corporate team is instructed on many of the most high-profile and strategic deals in the market.” IFLR1000 2013
Our Mergers and Acquisitions team work on many of Australia’s largest, most complex and most watched M&A deals. We work seamlessly with our specialists across the areas of intellectual property, competition, regulation and corporate finance to facilitate deals. Our clients are loyal to us because we work with them as part of their team, rather than as a service provider.
As our client, you’ll have the opportunity to meet every member of the team working on your deal. Our focused team of lawyers will work closely with you, and your financial and other advisors, to understand your needs so we can manage the risks throughout the deal process and ensure the best commercial outcomes are achieved within the right timeframe.
- executing and defending takeover bids, with substantial experience in proceedings before the Takeovers Panel
- implementing agreed mergers by scheme of arrangement
- complex share or asset acquisitions and divestitures, including cross-border transactions
- complex private equity structuring, including management and leveraged buy-outs
- obtaining FIRB approvals and ASX and ASIC waivers relevant to mergers or acquisitions and
- advising investors, such as hedge funds, on takeover developments and strategies.
- Westpac: on $1.45 billion acquisition of Lloyds Banking Australian businesses.
- GrainCorp: on the proposed $3.4 billion takeover from ADM.
- Nine Entertainment: on its $3.4 billion restructure by scheme of arrangement.
- HOCHTIEF AirPort GmbH: on the sale of its direct and indirect interests in Sydney Airport to Sydney Airport Holdings Limited and the sale of 5.79% of the listed entity of Sydney Airport to Canadian Public Pension Investment Board.
- Corporation Service Company: Advising the US-based organisation on its acquisition of Melbourne IT’s Digital Brand Services division.
- DuluxGroup: on its successful unsolicited cash takeover offer of Alesco Corporation.
- TA Associates: on its successful takeover bid for Nintex Pty Limited.
- Troy Resources: on its takeover of Azimuth Resources.
- Pacific Equity Partners: On its $1.1 billion acquisition of Spotless Group via a scheme of arrangement.
- Silver Lake Resources Limited: On its acquisition of Integra Mining Limited.
- Nine Entertainment Co.: on the acquisition of WIN’s Adelaide television station and an option to buy Channel 9 Perth, while securing the broadcasting rights to international cricket played in Australia.
- Quadrant: on the acquisition of City Farmers, Australia’s leading provider of bulk pet, garden and pool supplies.
- Country Road: on its $172 million acquisition of Witchery Group and associated capital raising.