+61 2 9263 4125
Peter Jones, Partner
Peter advises clients in the corporate and government sector on broad range of projects involving complex contracting arrangements. This includes:
- System integration projects involving the acquisition and implementation of multiple enterprise applications for customers within Australia and the Asia-Pacific region such as Vodafone, Standard Chartered Bank, Integral Energy and financial institutions.
- Sourcing arrangements (both single vendor and multiple, 'best-of-breed') and managed services transactions for companies in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia in relation to technology and business process outsourcing and offshoring.
- Shared services initiatives designed to maximise existing but under-utilised economies of scale.
- Advising telecommunications companies on a range of network related projects and services engagements.
- Advising government agencies and government owned entities on aspects relating to service redesign programmes and information technology transactions, including tendering processes, probity issues, licensing arrangements, system integration/implementation contracting, sourcing arrangements and dispute resolution issues.
- Licensing and implementation of enterprise applications., for companies such as PeopleSoft (prior to the takeover by Oracle), Business Objects and Curam Software.
Peter is listed as a leading lawyer in Chambers Asia Pacific 2014, Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014 and Best Lawyers 2013. Peter is noted as a good strategic thinker who handles complex issues well (Chambers Asia Pacific 2014) and combining an "enormous breadth of knowledge" with a "focus on value for money and customer satisfaction" (Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014).
Peter has completed a first class honours degree in law, and formerly practised at a national law firm in New Zealand.