+61 2 9263 4125
+61 2 9263 4181
Peter Jones, Partner
Peter is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's TMT and Project Services group.
Peter advises clients in the corporate and government sector on broad range of projects involving complex contracting arrangements. This includes:
- System integration projects involving the acquisition and implementation of multiple enterprise applications for customers within Australia and the Asia-Pacific region such as Vodafone, Standard Chartered Bank, Integral Energy and financial institutions.
- Sourcing arrangements (both single vendor and multiple, 'best-of-breed') and managed services transactions for companies in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Malaysia in relation to technology and business process outsourcing and offshoring.
- Shared services initiatives designed to maximise existing but under-utilised economies of scale.
- Advising telecommunications companies on a range of network related projects and services engagements.
- Advising government agencies and government owned entities on aspects relating to service redesign programmes and information technology transactions, including tendering processes, probity issues, licensing arrangements, system integration/implementation contracting, sourcing arrangements and dispute resolution issues.
- Licensing and implementation of enterprise applications., for companies such as PeopleSoft (prior to the takeover by Oracle), Business Objects and Curam Software.
Peter's involvement in negotiations has included advising both the customer and the service provider, as a result of which he is able to provide detailed insights into the relevant issues each face. He has also worked closely with a number of sourcing advisers and consultants, and spent over 5 months on secondment in a regional financial services institution in its information services legal team assisting in a number of IT and international joint venture-related transactions.
Peter has completed a first class honours degree in law, and formerly practised at a national law firm in New Zealand.