Peter Cook, Partner
+61 2 9263 4774
Peter Cook, Partner
Major M&A transactions
- Wilmar International Limited and First Pacific Company Limited on the $1.9 billion acquisition of Goodman Fielder.
- Quadrant Private Equity on its investment in VIP Petfoods.
- ACFS Port Logistics on its joint venture with Patrick Port Logistics.
- CHAMP and Headland Capital on the $620 million takeover of Miclyn Express.
- Westpac on it’s $8 billion enterprise value acquisition of Lloyds Banking Australian businesses.
- Advising GrainCorp on the $3.4 billion takeover from Archer Daniels Midland.
- The consortium comprising Noble Group, Posco Australia, National Pension Service of Korea, Korea Investment Corporation and Korean Finance Corporation on the proposed acquisition of ASX listed company Arrium Limited (approx $3 billion).
- Quadrant on the acquisition and divestment of City Farmers and the acquisition of Zip Industries.
- Pepper Australia Pty Limited on its proposal to acquire RHG Limited.
- CHAMP on the acquisition of Accolade Wines from Constellation.
- Rockwood Holdings Inc on the proposed takeover of an Australian public company with TSX-listing, Talison Lithium Limited ($750 million).
- CHAMP Private Equity on its public-to-private of ASX listed company Gerard Lighting Group Limited ($186 million).
- Advising ASX listed company Ludowici Limited in relation to competing proposals from FLSmidth and The Weir Group PLC to acquire all of the issued capital of Ludowici ($388 million).
- Pacific Equity Partners on its public-to-private of ASX listed Spotless Group ($1.1 billion).
- Blackstone on its takeover of ASX listed Valad Property Group ($700 million).
- Blackstone’s acquisition of ASX listed Centro’s US property asset portfolio ($9.4 billion).
- Carlyle and TPG’s takeover of ASX listed company Healthscope ($2.7 billion).
- Chinalco on its proposed equity and asset investment in ASX and LSE dual-listed Rio Tinto (US$19.5 billion).
- Chinalco on its acquisition of 12% of Rio Tinto Plc (US$14 billion).
- CVC Asia Pacific’s acquisition of Nine Entertainment Co and debt to equity restructure ($5.5 billion).
- Greenstone on its $1 billion initial public offering (2015).
- Credit Suisse as the underwriter on the $248 million capital raising of Evolution Mining Limited to fund its acquisition of the Cowal gold mine from Barrick Gold Corporation (2015).
- Credit Suisse as the underwriter on the sale of a 30.8% stake in APN News & Media Limited by Independent News & Media and Denis O’Brien (2015).
- Morgan Stanley as the underwriter on the sale of Hancock Prospecting’s 15% stake in Fairfax Media Limited (2015).
- RBC Capital Markets and Euroz as joint lead managers on the $80 million placement by Sino Gas & Energy Holdings Limited (2015).
- Macquarie and Citi as joint lead managers on Slater & Gordon’s $890 million capital raising (2015).
- Macquarie Capital, Deutsche Bank and Morgan Stanley as joint lead managers of APA Group’s $1.835 billion accelerated entitlement offer to part fund its acquisition of BG Group’s QCLNG Pipeline (2014).
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as joint lead managers of Transurban Group’s $2.34 billion accelerated entitlement offer to fund its acquisition of Queensland Motorways (2014).
- APN Outdoor on its $425 million initial public offering (2014).
- Mantra Group Limited on its $449 million initial public offering (2014).
- Burson Group Limited on its $298 million initial public offering (2014).
- Macquarie Capital, UBS, CIMB, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs and Merrill Lynch as joint lead managers on Healthscope’s $3.6 billion initial public offering and listing on ASX (2014).
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley as underwriters on the $449 million IPO of SG Fleet (2014).
- Nine Entertainment Co. on its $2.5 billion initial public offer and ASX listing (2013).
- Redcape Hotel Group, advising the Independent Directors of Hotel Property Investments on the $286 million IPO.
- Advising Goldman Sachs and Macquarie Capital, the underwriters of Dick Smith’s $520 million initial public offering and ASX listing (2013).
- Goldman Sachs on its underwriting of IRESS’ $206 million renounceable entitlement offer to fund the acquisition of Avelo Financial Services in the UK.
- iSelect on its IPO and ASX listing valuing the company at $480 million.
- Credit Suisse and Baillieu Holst as joint lead managers on NewSat Limited’s $105 million placement, which formed part of its US$138 million capital raising.
- Goldman Sachs and UBS as the underwriters of the Calibre Group’s IPO.
- Advising on the demerger of Arrium Limited and Bluescope Steel Limited from BHP Billiton and Rinker Group from CSR.
- Advising GKN Plc on its DLC with Brambles.