+61 3 8656 3332
+61 3 8656 3339
Nirangjan Nagarajah, Lawyer
Nirangjan is a lawyer in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group advising clients on:
- public company takeovers and schemes
- private negotiated M&A transactions
- equity raisings, including entitlements/rights issues
- Takeovers Panel issues
- share buy-backs and reductions of capital
- obtaining ASIC relief
- corporate governance.
Nirangjan’s recent transactions include advising:
- DuluxGroup on its unsolicited successful acquisition of Alesco Corporation.
- Ludowici Limited on its $388 million acquisition by FLSmidth and competing offers from the Weir Group.
- Exxaro Resources on its takeover of African Iron.
- Pact Group on various acquisitions and disposals.
- Alsons Group on the acquisition of 19.9% of Indophil Resources.
- AXA Asia Pacific Limited on its approx. $13.3 billion takeover by scheme by AMP.
- Goldcorp Inc. on its $3.7 billion takeover by scheme of Andean Resources Limited.
Nirangjan has worked as a lawyer at the Takeovers Panel and in the corporate finance division of ASIC. This allowed Nirangjan to develop a unique skill set in corporate and securities law and brings significant regulatory experience to the team. In these roles, Nirangjan has been at the cutting edge of significant Takeovers Panel decisions and policy making in the takeovers and equity capital markets space. Given his background, Nirangjan brings to the team insights into, and open lines of communication with, key regulatory bodies.