Gilbert + Tobin has a proud community-conscious track record on environmental issues.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Today corporate social responsibility (CSR) is on the agenda of most significant businesses worldwide, including Gilbert + Tobin and our clients. CSR means that businesses, like ours and those of our clients, are engaging seriously with the social and environmental impacts of their operations both internally and in the marketplaces and societies in which they operate.
At Gilbert + Tobin, our CSR program specifically focuses on three streams – community, reconciliation and the environment. Through these programs we:
- Monitor, improve and report on our environmental performance to our key clients, and to the public.
- Guarantee that our staff are as diverse as the broader Australian community and that we fulfil our commitments to our people.
- Work to ensure the justice system is accessible to everyone by helping parts of the community who cannot afford legal assistance.
- Develop and deliver programs that strengthen our business’ connection with communities with whom we have relationships.
- Offer the benefits of our commitment to environmental and social sustainability to our clients.
- Commit with our suppliers of goods and services to achieve better environmental and social sustainability by managing our procurement processes.
- Maintain an open work place where staff are encouraged to commit to causes, and we provide the flexibility to enable them to do that.
We report on our CSR performance in accordance with the Global Reporting (GRI) Guidelines. The GRI Guidelines are used for reporting on an organisation’s economic, environmental and social performance outcomes with regard to sustainability.