Gilbert + Tobin has a proud community-conscious track record on environmental issues.
We are a National Carbon Offset Standard (NCOS) certified carbon neutral law firm – one of just two in Australia.
Our sustainability policy sets out our approach and commitment to environmental issues.
This policy commits us to integrate environmental sustainability principles into our corporate and business level policies and procedures, strategic plans and other management processes.
We are a member of the Australian Legal Sector Alliance (AusLSA), working collaboratively to improve sustainability in the legal sector. As members of AusLSA we commit to the “AusLSA Principles”:
- Measuring, managing and reducing the environmental impact of our operations.
- Working with external stakeholders to reduce our indirect environmental impact.
- Integrating awareness of sustainability across our business.
- Working collaboratively to engage in the public debate on sustainability to develop, apply and promote best practice across the sector.
- Reporting on our progress and being accountable.
We report our environmental impacts annually to the AusLSA. See our 2018 AusLSA environmental profile here.
We maintain an AusLSA certified Environmental Management System and are committed to continuously improving our environmental performance.
We undertake an annual National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) assessment to measure the energy efficiency of our tenancies in Sydney and Perth. We maintain a 5-star NABERS (Energy) Tenancy rating in Sydney and a 4.5-star NABERS (Energy) Tenancy rating in Perth.