Gilbert + Tobin has a proud community-conscious track record on environmental issues.
Our sustainability policy sets out our approach and commitment to environmental issues.
This policy commits us to integrate environmental sustainability principles into our corporate and business level policies and procedures, strategic plans and other management processes.
We are a member of the Australian Legal Sector Alliance (AusLSA), working collaboratively to improve sustainability in the legal sector. As members of AusLSA we commit to the “AusLSA Principles”:
- Measuring, managing and reducing the environmental impact of our operations.
- Working with external stakeholders to reduce our indirect environmental impact.
- Integrating awareness of sustainability across our business.
- Working collaboratively to engage in the public debate on sustainability to develop, apply and promote best practice across the sector.
- Reporting on our progress and being accountable.
We report our environmental impacts annually to the AusLSA. See our 2014 AusLSA environmental profile here.
We have implemented an Environmental Management System (EMS) that has been externally reviewed and certified by the AusLSA. Our top environmental priorities are to reduce our use of paper and our consumption of energy, to appropriately dispose of our used computer and telecommunication equipment, and to fit-out our new office at Barangaroo sustainably.
We are committed to continually improving our environmental performance. We maintain a 5-star NABERS Energy Rating for our Sydney tenancy by purchasing 50% accredited Green Power and a 4.5-star NABERS Energy Whole Building rating for our Perth office.
We are an Organisational Stakeholder in the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) an internationally recognised sustainability reporting framework.