Gilbert + Tobin is a law firm which has developed long standing relationships with Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations through the work of our Pro Bono practice.
With the launch of our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in October 2008, we set in place a framework to further develop our commitment to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities. We were the first Sydney law firm to have a RAP and the second nationally. Our RAP covers a number of activities including:
- Supporting an Indigenous Employment Strategy that includes places for Indigenous people in non-legal roles and an Indigenous Cadetship Program for law students.
- Prioritising pro bono support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals and organisations.
- Hosting visits from Indigenous university students, especially from the University of New South Wales Indigenous Winter School.
- Providing financial support for a number of Indigenous community organisations including the Tribal Warrior Association, National Indigenous Youth Leadership Academy and Mudgin-Gal Aboriginal Corporation.
- Supporting Indigenous economic development by procuring products from ‘Supply Nation’ certified Indigenous businesses.
If you would like more information about our RAP or have any enquiries, please contact the Head of Corporate Social Responsibility at firstname.lastname@example.org.