OUT at G+T
OUT is Gilbert + Tobin’s LBGTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex) and allies group. OUT’s objective is to ensure that Gilbert + Tobin continues to celebrate diversity, including for all LGBTI staff, as a fundamental value of the firm.
Founded in 2012, our OUT network:
- Raises awareness and advocates on LGBTI issues within the firm and in the community.
- Consults with the firm’s Diversity Manager in the development of market leading practices including inclusive policies, diversity audits, training and profile raising.
- Contributes to the firm’s pro-bono and social responsibility work.
- Makes submissions on behalf of the firm to the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
- Participates in Pride In Diversity events, including the Pride in Diversity Mardi Gras float.
- Offers networking and social events for OUT members, allies and clients.
Our network is fun, informal and inclusive. We are sponsored by Partner and Board Member, Peter Waters, and have a broad membership from the Gilbert + Tobin LBGTI community and allies across the firm.
Gilbert + Tobin is a proud member of Pride in Diversity, Australia’s leading workplace program for inclusion of LBGTI employees. In 2014 we were recognised as a silver tier employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index, ranking us as one of the top 20 employers for LGBTI workplace inclusion in Australia.