The Women's Circle - Perth
The Women’s Circle Perth program commenced in July 2018. Building upon the success of the Melbourne program, we will host a career enrichment and networking event once a month.
The aim of the program is to enhance the capabilities, and strengthen the network, of rising women in business in Western Australia.
Networking opportunities in Perth for professional women can be limited and it is true that in focusing on professional success and the challenges that come with that, women often look up after reaching a certain level of success and find they have a narrower circle than their male counterparts. This program has the framework to provide each member with an opportunity to build professional working alliances across sectors and to inspire and to cultivate connections and interests.
The number of women invited to participate has been limited to 50 individuals, and they have been handpicked by their Chief Executive Officer or equivalent of, being identified as a future leader and key influencers in their field. They represent a diverse cross section of large organisations including leading corporations, industry sectors, the arts, community and government entities in Perth.
As per the keynote speaker brochure, each session will involve:
- A keynote address from one of 12 enterprising and inspirational women who have agreed to be part of our speaker series including:
- Hon Julie Bishop, former Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs and Deputy leader of the Liberal Party.
- Ms Diane Smith-Gander, Non-Executive Director
- Dr Fiona Wood, respected plastic and reconstructive surgeon and world leading burns specialist
- Ms Narelda Jacobs, TEN Eyewitness News Perth presenter and respected journalist.
Industry sector insight ‘bites’ – aimed at providing knowledge and information that may be outside the participants’ own areas of expertise and experience. It will involve presentations by speakers such as Messrs Adrian Fini of FJM Property and Bill Beament of Northern Star Resources.