Go to our Contact page for all our Contact details
G+T advises Windlab and Eurus Energy on the Coonooer Bridge wind farm
Gilbert + Tobin is pleased to have advised Windlab and Eurus Energy on the development of the $50 million Coonooer Bridge wind farm. Windlab were one of three successful proponents in the ACT wind auction process. Windlab, who are based in Canberra, subsequently teamed up with Japanese based Eurus Energy. Together they will own and operate the wind farm.
The project is ground breaking in a number of ways. It is:
- Windlab and Eurus’ first greenfield project in Australia.
- The first project under the ACT wind auction to reach financial close.
- The first wind energy project in Australia to be jointly owned by neighbouring landowners.
- The first project in Australia to utilise Vestas’ 3.3MW V117 wind turbines.
- The lowest cost wind energy project delivered in Australia.
The Gilbert + Tobin team was led by Luke Westmore and Tony Holland and assisted by Martin Ivanovski, Lyall Mabin and Andrew Chan. The team advised on all aspects of the development of the wind farm including the EPC, WOM, corporate structuring and financing documentation. Luke Westmore commented, “We congratulate Windlab and Eurus on reaching financial close on this landmark transaction. We are proud to be part of the team that has closed the first ACT wind farm auction project and to continue our involvement in the renewable energy sector.”