Go to our Contact page for all our Contact details
G+T partner Dominic Emmett recognised as the global leading Restructuring and Insolvency lawyer for the ‘Rest of the World’.
Partner Dominic Emmett, who leads Gilbert + Tobin’s Restructuring + Insolvency practice has been named as the Leading Restructuring + Insolvency lawyer in the world (excluding the US and Europe) by Who’s Who Legal 2018.
Dominic heads the Restructuring and Insolvency Group at Gilbert + Tobin and brings over 30 years of significant local and international experience, including acting on some of Australia’s largest workouts and insolvencies.
Dominic is consistently recognised as a leader in his field, and has received countless awards and recognition over the years, including:
- Finance Monthly Magazine - Fintech Awards 2018 recognised Dominic as Banking & Finance - Lawyer of the Year - Australia
- IFLR 1000 2018 recognised Dominic as a 'Highly regarded' lawyer for Financial & Corporate law.
- AsiaLaw 2018 ranks Dominic as a Leading Lawyer in Banking & Finance, Competition & Antitrust, Projects & Infrastructure and Restructuring & Insolvency.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 ranks Dominic as a Leading Lawyer for Restructuring and Insolvency.
- Best Lawyers 2018 recognises Dominic for Banking and Finance Law, Distressed Investing & Debt Trading, Insolvency and Reorganisation Law.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018 ranks Dominic as a 'Star Individual' in the Restructuring & Insolvency category.
- The firm was awarded ‘Restructuring Law - Law Firm of the Year in Australia’ from the 2018 Corporate Intl Magazine Global Award
- Finance Monthly Global Awards 2017 recognises Dominic as Restructuring and Insolvency Lawyer of the Year, Australia.
- Doyle’s Guide recognises Dominic as a preeminent Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyer in both 2016 and 2017.
- Lawyers Weekly 2017 Partner of the Year, Insolvency.
- Best Lawyers List 2017 named Dominic 'Lawyer of the Year' for Distressed Investing & Debt Trading.
In recent times Dominic has been at the very heart of restructures such as Arrium and MolyCop, Boart Longyear, Slater & Gordon, Emeco, Bis Industries, Ten Network, Norkse Skog, Toys R Us and Paladin Energy.