OUT is Gilbert + Tobin’s LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex) and allies group. OUT’s objective is to ensure that Gilbert + Tobin continues to celebrate diversity, including all LGBTI staff, as a fundamental value of the firm.
Founded in 2012, our OUT network:
- Raises awareness and advocates on LGBTI issues within the firm and in the community;
- Has an active role in the development of Next Practice thinking, including inclusive policies, diversity audits, training and profile raising;
- Contributes to the firm’s pro bono and corporate social responsibility work;
- Makes submissions on behalf of the firm to the Australian Workplace Equality Index;
- Participates in Pride In Diversity events, including the Pride in Diversity Mardi Gras float;
- Offers networking and social events for OUT members, allies and clients; and
- Holds an annual firm-wide fundraiser encouraging all staff to wear purple in support of the Wear It Purple organisation.
Gilbert + Tobin is a proud member of Pride in Diversity, Australia’s leading workplace program for inclusion of LGBTI employees. In 2018, we were recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index as one of the top employers for LGBTI workplace inclusion in Australia.