Andrew is the head of the Gilbert + Tobin Corporate Advisory team. He specialises in mergers and acquisitions, fundraisings and complex joint ventures.
His experience includes:
- Acting for both Australian and offshore financial sponsors and on their acquisition and divestment programs. Key clients include Pacific Equity Partners, KKR, Morrison & Co and Palisade.
- Acting for a range of clients in the media sector including Network Ten, Channel Nine, Ticketek, Telstra, Nova and Illyria on M&A and fundraisings.
- Advising Australian and international corporates on governance issues and strategic joint ventures.
- Key recent transactions include:The Qube Consortium’s $12 billion acquisition of Asciano
- REA’s $750m acquisition of iProperty by scheme of arrangement
- PEP’s joint bid for Pacific Hydro; acquisitions of Pinnacle Foods, Spotless and Energy Developments and IPOs of Spotless, Link and Veda.
- Channel Ten’s $160m recapitalisation and strategic alliance with Foxtel
Andrew's experience includes 3 years in the London office of Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer during which time he acted on a range of M&A transactions, demergers and IPOs.
Andrew is recognised by Chambers Global as a leading lawyer in mergers and acquisitions (including Band 1 for Private Equity) and in 2007 was a finalist in the Australian Dealmaker of the Year category at the Australasian Law Awards. He has been named in the Australian Best Lawyers list since inception.
Andrew has a Bachelor of Arts from Sydney University and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of New South Wales.
+61 2 9263 4112