Bernadette is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's TMT group. She has advised some of Australia’s largest companies across financial services, mining, energy, oil and gas, health, transport, retail, government, telecommunications and technology.
This includes advising on projects that are complex and transformational in nature with multiple dependencies, posing significant risks and challenges across the organisation. Key areas of focus include: As-A-Service and cloud strategies, outsourcing, shared services, sourcing, data protection and privacy, off-shoring, application development and management (ADM), technology investment and vendor management.
Over the past 12 months, Bernadette has advised on some of the most significant transformation and technology deals in the Asia Pacific region, including:
- Advising a global resources company on a pioneering deal to transform its core enterprise IS&T systems to a global "As-A-Service" offering, based in the cloud. This is one of the largest As-A-Service cloud projects undertaken by a global corporation in the AsiaPac region to date.
- Advising a Big-4 Australian Bank on a large-scale global IT project, and in relation to a number of cloud transactions.
- Advising an LNG resources company on the establishment of its ERP systems.
- Advising a major Australian telecommunications carrier on the establishment of new data centres to support its cloud arrangements.
- Advising NSW Health in relation to its ongoing e-health strategy, including its Electronic Medical Management project.
Bernadette is recognised as one of Australia's leading lawyers advising on large-scale corporate transformation projects. Her accolades include being:
- Listed in major legal directories such as Chambers Asia Pacific 2016, Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2016 and Best Lawyers 2015.
- She is described as "very capable in discussing contractual challenges on a business basis with a firm commercial perspective." (Chambers Asia Pacific 2016).
- Commended as being "superb technically, and very aware of and focused on corporate strategy." (Chambers Asia Pacific 2015).
- "One of the firm's go-to lawyers for technology work" (Chambers Asia Pacific 2014), praised for her willingness to go "the extra mile" (Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2013).
- A Finalist in 2015 Euromoney Legal Media Group Asian Women in Business Law Awards.
Bernadette has completed degrees in law, commerce and music (piano performance). She previously qualified as a chartered accountant and worked as a taxation consultant for one of the Big 4 chartered accounting firms.
+61 2 9263 4262