Ebony is a Special Counsel in the Corporate Advisory group.
Ebony has experience in advising both public and private company clients in relation to mergers and acquisitions, corporate fundraising, private equity transactions and general corporate and commercial issues. She has particularly strong experience in listed company takeovers and schemes of arrangement, and has acted on more than twenty-five control transactions and a significant number of primary and secondary capital raisings for her clients.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Ebony was special counsel with a large global firm where she gained experience in Australia, London and Dubai.
- BGH consortium (including BGH Capital, AustralianSuper and Rod Jones) on its proposed $2.3 billion acquisition of Navitas by scheme of arrangement.
- KKR on its proposed $2 billion acquisition of MYOB Group by scheme of arrangement.
- Danakali on its listing on the main market of the LSE.
- BP International on its proposed $1.8 billion acquisition of Woolworths’ petrol station business.
- Associated Kiln Driers on its acquisition of Carter Holt Harvey’s New South Wales sawmilling business.
- Barrick Gold on various matters, including advising on proposed divestment of shares in LSE listed subsidiary through takeover offers and accelerated bookbuild divestments, and advising on negotiations with the Tanzanian government in relation to changes in mining laws and government expropriation of assets.
- A financial investor on the proposed acquisition of Co-Op Bank in the UK.
- Sirius Real Estate on its fundraising and admission to the premium segment of the official list of the LSE and the main board of the JSE.
- Jefferies International in its capacity as financial adviser to HarbourVest Structured Solutions III LP on its £1.1 billion takeover offer for SVG Capital.
- Coffey International on its takeover offer by TetraTech.
- WPP on its acquisition of a majority shareholding STW Group.
- Industrea on its hostile takeover by CIMIC.
- Noni B on its takeover by Alceon Group.
- Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad on its sale of its holding in New Britain Palm Oil to Sime Darby Berhad.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation on its competitive bid for Ambassador Oil and Gas and associated Takeovers Panel proceedings.
- Baytex Energy Corp on its CAN$2.6 billion acquisition of Aurora Oil & Gas Limited by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Centamin West Africa Holdings, a wholly owned subsidiary of Centamin plc, on its takeover of Ampella Mining.
- Bridgeport Energy on its acquisition of oil and gas assets from Arrow Energy.
- New Guinea Energy on its sale of oil and gas exploration assets to Esso.
- Industrea on the scheme of arrangement for its acquisition by GE.
- WPP as major shareholder in relation to the scheme of arrangement between oOh! Media and CHAMP.
- TPG Telecom in relation to its takeover bid for Intrapower.
- White Canyon Uranium on its takeover offer by Denison Mines Corp.
- RedHill Education on its IPO and listing on the ASX.
- Innamincka Petroleum Limited on the scheme of arrangement for the proposed acquisition by Drillsearch Energy.
- itX Group on its acquisition of Avnet Technology Solutions by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Cuesta Coal on its IPO and listing on the ASX.
- Dexion on its takeover by GUD Holdings Limited.
- Endocoal on its IPO and listing on the ASX.
- Drillsearch Energy on its successful defence of the hostile takeover offer by Beach Petroleum.
- The Hospitals Contribution Fund on the scheme of arrangement under which it acquired Manchester Unity.
- Anzon Australia on its proposed mergers by way of scheme of arrangement with Arc Energy and Nexus Energy, and ultimately its takeover by Roc Oil.
- CCI Holdings on the scheme of arrangement for its acquisition by Bureau Veritas.
- Orion Telecommunications on the merger by way of scheme of arrangement with M2 Telecommunications Group.
- Concept Hire on its takeover by Cape Plc.
- Rural Press Limited on its scheme of arrangement under which it was acquired by Fairfax Media Limited.
Chambers & Partners - Associate to Watch (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
Founder - GWS Giant Hearts (GWS AFL Team) Women’s Coterie
Nominee - Euromoney Women in Business Law Rising Star (2014)
Master of Laws (Griffith University / University of Sydney, 2009)
Bachelor of Science - Molecular & Cell Biology and Genetics / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (University of Queensland)