Elizabeth is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Elizabeth’s practice includes general corporate and securities law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, private equity and venture capital transactions. Elizabeth’s experience includes several years in Silicon Valley, California, acting for issuers and investors on capital raising transactions and merger and acquisition transactions.
Elizabeth has a combined Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Sydney. She was admitted to practice in NSW in 2004 and The State Bar of California in 2008.
Elizabeth's experience includes advising:
- KordaMentha, in their capacity as administrators of Arrium Limited (subject to deed of company arrangement), in relation to a dual-track IPO and trade sale process in respect of Arrium Limited’s mining consumables business (Moly-Cop) which culminated in funds advised by American Industrial Partners acquiring Moly-Cop for an enterprise value of US$1.23 billion.
- Westpac Banking Corporation in relation to Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule compliance and other corporate governance and regulatory issues in respect of its non-wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Westpac Corporation in relation to Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule compliance and other corporate governance and regulatory issues in respect of its non-wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Westpac Corporation in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Lloyds Banking Group's Australian asset finance business and corporate loan portfolio, including approximately $6 billion of replacement funding.
- Vitol in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Shell's Australian downstream assets, including the Geelong Refinery, downstream distribution assets and retail sites across the country.
- Quantium Group on Woolworth's acquisition of 50% of its data analytics business and board and shareholder arrangements in respect of the joint venture.
- Quadrant Private Equity on its acquisition of VIP Petfoods, and its subsequent bolt-on acquisitions.
Awards and Recognition
Elizabeth was recognised in the Venture Capital Law category.