Jennifer is a partner in the Competition and Regulation group.
Jennifer has extensive experience in competition and regulatory matters across a range of industries. She regularly advises clients in relation to competition aspects of corporate transactions, engagement with regulators, and a range of matters that relate to compliance with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010. Jennifer also provides specialised compliance training.
Jennifer is recognised as a leading competition lawyer in Australia by external peer and client surveys including as a rising star in Euromoney’s Expert Guide and Doyle’s Guide. Who’s Who Legal recognises her as a Future Leader, noting that sources applaud Jennifer’s “great depth of knowledge in Australia’s competition law matters”, calling her “extremely practical and proactive”.
Jennifer’s recent experience includes:
- advising a major energy industry participant in relation to the ACCC’s East Coast Gas Markets Inquiry, Electricity Supply & Prices Inquiry, and Gas Inquiry 2017-2020.
- advising an ASX listed company in relation to the resolution of an ACCC investigation regarding potential misuse of market power.
- advising APN Outdoor Group in relation to its proposed merger with oOh!media Limited.
- advising GrainCorp in relation to securing ACCC clearance for its acquisition of Cargill’s bulk handling and storage facility in Gilgandra.
- advising Boral and CSR in relation to securing ACCC clearance for their East Coast bricks joint venture.
Jennifer has qualifications in arts (German) and law from the University of Sydney. While at university, Jennifer received a number of academic distinctions, including First Class Honours in law and the Christopher Hodgekiss Prize for Competition Law. In 2008, Jennifer attended a course in Industrial Organisation and Competition Policy at the London School of Economics.
+61 2 9263 4205