Jennifer is a partner in the Competition and Regulation group.
Jennifer has extensive experience in commercial, regulatory and enforcement matters. Jennifer is sought out for her careful and analytical approach, which takes account of clients’ commercial needs and broader strategies. In external surveys, sources have praised Jennifer’s “great depth of knowledge in Australia’s competition law matters”, calling her “extremely practical and proactive”. Her experience includes assisting clients in relation to competition law aspects of commercial transactions, merger clearance work, assisting clients in relation to ACCC investigations and advising on regulatory issues.
Jennifer has a particular interest in the energy industry, having advised a number of major players in relation to merger clearance, regulatory investigations and specialist compliance training workshops. Energy industry clients recognise her sophisticated understanding of their commercial drivers, underlying industry economics and competitive dynamics.
Jennifer is recognised as a leading competition lawyer in Australia by external peer and client surveys including Who’s Who, Best Lawyers, and as a rising star in Euromoney’s Expert Guide and Doyle’s Guide.
Jennifer has qualifications in arts (German) and law from the University of Sydney. While at university, Jennifer received a number of academic distinctions, including First Class Honours in law and the Christopher Hodgekiss Prize for Competition Law. In 2008, Jennifer attended a course in Industrial Organisation and Competition Policy at the London School of Economics.
Jennifer’s recent experience includes:
- a major energy industry participant in relation to the ACCC’s East Coast Gas Markets Inquiry, Electricity Supply & Prices Inquiry, and Gas Inquiry 2017-2020.
- an ASX listed company in relation to the resolution of an ACCC investigation regarding potential misuse of market power.
- APN Outdoor Group in relation to its proposed merger with oOh!media Limited.
- GrainCorp in relation to securing ACCC clearance for its acquisition of Cargill’s bulk handling and storage facility in Gilgandra.
- Boral and CSR in relation to securing ACCC clearance for their East Coast bricks joint venture.
Awards and Recognition
Jennifer is recognised in the “Energy (Transactions + Regulatory)” category.
Jennifer is recognised in the Competition Law and Regulatory Practice categories.
Jennifer is recognised as a 'Future Leader'.
Jennifer is recognised in Competition and Antitrust.
Jennifer is recognised as a Competition Law Rising Star.