Jennifer is a special counsel in Gilbert + Tobin's Energy and Resources group.
She specialises in resources law and has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating sale and purchase agreements, farm-in and joint venture agreements, mining contracts, royalty agreements, offtake agreements, infrastructure agreements and providing advice in connection with mining related issues.
Jennifer is a member of The Resources and Law Association and the Association of Mining and Exploration Companies (AMEC).
She has a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Western Australia.
Jennifer’s experience includes advising:
- Barrick (Australia Pacific) Limited in relation to the sale of various Australian projects, including the sale of the Paddington mine to Norton Gold Fields Ltd, the Henty mine in Tasmania to Bendigo Mining Limited (now Unity Mining Limited) and the Osborne mine in Queensland to a subsidiary of Ivanhoe Australia Limited.
- Barrick Gold Corporation in relation to the sale of a portfolio of royalties held by Barrick in Australian resources projects to Franco-Nevada.
- Evolution Mining Limited in drafting general terms and conditions for the hire of mining fleet, drilling agreements and other operational agreements in respect of the Edna May gold mine.
- Gold Fields Australia Pty Ltd in relation to the acquisition of a 50% interest in the Gruyere gold project from Gold Road Resources Limited and related joint venture and royalty arrangements.
- Harmony Gold Operations Ltd in respect of the sale of the South Kal project to Dioro Exploration NL (now Alacer Gold Corp) and the sale of the Hampton Project to BHP Billiton Nickel West Pty Ltd.
- Independence Group NL in relation to the acquisition of nickel interests in Kambalda, Western Australia from BHP Billiton Nickel West Pty Ltd.
- Iron Ore Holdings Limited with respect to the sale of several of its iron ore projects in the Pilbara to subsidiaries of Rio Tinto and Mineral Resources Ltd and in relation to the development of a transhipment port at Cape Preston East with a capacity up to 20Mtpa.
- OZ Minerals Limited in relation to the sale of its Jamaican copper-gold tenements to a subsidiary of Carube Copper Corp Inc., a farm-in and joint venture arrangement with a subsidiary of Cassini Resources Limited in respect of the West Musgrave project and in relation to an alliance arrangement with Minotaur Exploration Limited in respect of an alliance area around OZ Minerals’ Prominent Hill project in South Australia.
- Mincor Resources NL in relation to various farm-in and joint venture arrangements in Australia, in respect of the acquisition of Gold Fields Mine Management Pty Ltd (which owned a suite of advanced exploration and feasibility level nickel projects as well as the operating Otter Juan nickel mine) and in respect of the acquisition of the Bluebush project in Kambalda, Western Australia from BHP Billiton Nickel West Pty Ltd.
- Troy Resources NL in relation to the acquisition of the Andorinhas gold project in Brazil from Agincourt Resources Limited.
- Vale Exploration Pty Ltd in respect of the option to purchase the Gambang project in the Philippines from a subsidiary of Royalco Resources Limited and in relation to various exploration agreements in Australia.