Julie is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Julie provides advice to boards and senior management of listed and unlisted companies in relation to mergers and acquisitions, divestments, IPOs, ASX listings and equity capital raisings, shareholder agreements and legal due diligence.
She also advises on corporate governance matters, including continuous disclosure obligations, director duties, Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rules regulatory compliance.
Julie has a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia.
Julie's recent experience includes:
- The majority shareholders in relation to the sale of acQuire Technology Solutions to Constellation Software Australia Pty Ltd, a subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc.
- A syndicate member in relation to the acquisition of HiSeis Pty Ltd.
- The major shareholders of Holiday Planet Pty Ltd in relation to the disposal of the company to the Emirates group.
- Cygnus Gold Limited on its IPO and ASX listing.
- IM Medical Ltd on its backdoor listing of Babylon Pump & Power.
- Mareterram Limited on the proportional off-market takeover bid by Sea Harvest.
- Mareterram Limited on its $34 million equity raising and debt facility and re-compliance listing on ASX, including the acquisition of Nor-West Seafoods and a food services distribution business from Craig Mostyn.
- Altona Mining Limited on the disposal of the Outokumpu copper project in Finland.
- Forge Group Limited in relation to its demerger from aiLimited and ASX listing, and various company and business acquisitions.
- Fugro NV and Fugro Holdings (Australia) Pty Ltd in relation to its acquisition of Advanced Geomechanics Pty Ltd, Tenix LADS Corporation Pty Ltd, Pavement Managements Services and the divestment of its Airborne division.
- Aurelius on the Australian aspects of its acquisition of Scholl Footwear from Reckitt Benckiser.
- The major shareholders of Blackswan Equities on the disposal of the company to Euroz Securities.
- Exxaro Resources Limited as Australian counsel in respect of its $338 million off market takeover bid for African Iron Limited.
Awards and Recognition
Julie was listed as a Best Lawyer for Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law.