Steven is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Real Estate and Projects group.
Steven has considerable experience and expertise in major infrastructure, urban renewal and real estate projects. He also has extensive experience in the utilities sector including in relation to embedded networks and utilities infrastructure generally as well as renewable energy. Steven regularly advises on all of the project and real estate aspects of transactions including due diligence, transaction documents, State Agreements, native title, heritage issues, construction and environmental/contamination matters together with numerous other commercial agreements that invariably arise in such transactions.
- Advising Payce on the acquisition, remediation and development of a major urban renewal project site in Sydney for the creation of a mixed use development with several thousand dwellings together with substantial commercial and retail space (estimated value in excess of $5 billion)
- Acting for a major ASX listed company on its confidential major property and environmental due diligence of Arrium, involving over 200 properties many of which were of substantial size and complexity
- Acting on the acquisition and development of 400 George Street, Sydney
- Advising on water utility development issues arising out of a significant CBD development
- Acting on the EPC Contract and development of the Willemsdale Solar Farm near Canberra
- Acting for Qube on its $3 billion acquisition of the Patricks container terminals
- Acting for AAT on its long term lease and development at Port Kembla
- Acting on a $5 billion port/rail infrastructure project for mining operations in Port Hedland
- Advising Palisade on the acquisition of Sunshine Coast Airport including the negotiation of a 99 year lease of over 400 hectares of freehold land
- Acting for Delta Electricity in relation to the operation and development of critical energy infrastructure at Mount Piper, including construction of various electrical facilities.
Bachelor of Laws, 1991, Sydney University.
Bachelor of Science, Maths and Physics, 1989, Sydney University.
MBA, Corporate Finance, Project Management, 2006, University of Newcastle.