Susannah specialises in M&A and equity capital markets transactions and advising on disclosure, corporate governance and other listing rules matters. She also has experience advising listed companies on responding to activist shareholders.
Before joining Gilbert + Tobin, Susannah was a partner of Slaughter and May in London where her practice focused on cross-border transactions.
Susannah has bachelor degree's in Law (with First Class Honours) and Commerce from the University of Melbourne. She also has Masters of Law (with First Class Honours) from the University of Cambridge.
Susannah has recently advised on the following significant transactions:
- Prudential, the global systemically important insurer, on the demerger of M&G to create two FTSE100 companies;
- Vodafone on the €18.4 billion acquisition of Unitymedia in Germany and certain assets in CEE from Liberty Global;
- Värde Partners on the £1 billion sale of NewDay, the UK’s largest credit card issuer, to CVC and Cinven;
- Macquarie Principal Finance on the £235 million acquisition of ParkingEye from Capita;
- Vodafone on the merger of Vodafone Idea with Idea Cellular to create Indian-listed Vodafone Idea with a combined enterprise value of US$23 billion;
- Actelion on its US$30 billion acquisition by Johnson & Johnson and related demerger of its R&D operations; and
- BHP on the UK aspects of the demerger of South32, including the listing of South32 on the London Stock Exchange.
Awards and Recognition
Susannah is recognised as Highly Regarded in M&A, Private Equity and Capital Markets: Equity.