Our experience includes:
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences (AMPAS) - assisting in securing a shape trade mark registration for the OSCAR statuette. We continue to monitor and assist in relation to any Australian enforcements of the OSCAR word, device and shape trade marks at the client’s request.
- AGL Energy Limited - advising on all IP issues arising out of the AGL/Alinta Demerger and drafting all the supporting IP agreements and transfers.
- Coca Cola Amatil (CCA) - assisting with an infringement opinion regarding a registered design and advice on a proposed new design application.
- Drafting submissions for IP Australia which were instrumental in changing the practice of the Australian Trade Marks Office relating to confidential exhibits filed in trade mark proceedings. We have also drafted submissions which led to a change in IP Australia’s examination practice of International (Madrid Protocol) Registrations Designating Australia.
- J Bloch Pty Limited - advising on the registration of a number of designs and shape trade marks for dance shoes. We recently successfully registered a shoe shape as a trade mark.
- Nutricia - advising with regard to infringement of their KARICARE trade mark on a third party website.
- NRMA - advising on a major re-branding project. We also manage its extensive portfolio of trade marks.
- Red Bull GmbH - advising on a number of trade mark issues including on parallel importation issues in Australia.