G+T Litigation Partner Colleen Platford has won the Women’s Insolvency Network Australia (WINA) award for the 2018 Outstanding Female in the Insolvency and/or Restructuring Industry.
Presented in Sydney on 5 July, the award recognises women who have made an outstanding contribution, particularly towards the advancement of the reputation and credibility of women in the industry.
Colleen was nominated and ultimately chosen as the 2018 winner for:
- Her exceptional work on numerous complex and highly technical restructuring deals, including Arrium, Slater & Gordon, BIS Industries, Boart Longyear, BrisConnections, Mirabela Nickel and Nine Entertainment Group.
- Being an active role model for younger women in the team. Through her leading role in market-defining cases and achieving outstanding results for clients, Colleen has a positive impact on the reputation of all women working in the insolvency and restructuring industry.
- Her lateral and strategic thinking combined with a pragmatic approach. She is able to identify and quickly address key issues, and her strategic instincts are second to none.
- Her active involvement in insolvency based events and workshops for both the Women’s Insolvency Network Australia (WINA) and the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA).
Colleen was also:
- Listed as a leading individual in Chambers Asia Pacific 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Awarded Disputes Star of the Year – Australia at the inaugural 2015 and also the 2016 Asialaw Asia Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards in Hong Kong.
- Recognised as a preeminent practitioner for Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution in NSW, Australia by Doyles 2017.
- Named Partner of the Year at the 2015 Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards.
- Named in the Best Lawyers List for Litigation, and has been such since its inception.
- Named in Benchmark Asia Pacific 2015.
- Recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Included on the Australasian Lawyer’s List of Hot 40 Lawyers for 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Finalist for Partner of the Year at the 2016 Australian Law Awards.