Tim is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Disputes + Investigations group.
Tim specialises in corporate, commercial and resources litigation, particularly for mining and petroleum companies. He acts for clients in relation to contractual disputes, insolvency disputes, regulatory investigations and Corporations Act matters, including schemes of arrangement.
Tim appears regularly in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and the Federal Court of Australia. He also practices in the Mining Warden's Court. He provides advice on all aspects of corporate, commercial and resources and energy law.
Tim has served on the Council of the Law Society of Western Australia and on multiple Society’s Committees. Since 2010 he has been a tutor at the AMPLA Mining Law Workshop at the University of Western Australia. Tim has also presented for the Governance Institute of Australia and the Law Society of Western Australia on recent developments in corporate law and resources law.
Tim has a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia, was admitted as a barrister and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia in 2001 and was entered in the register of practitioners of the High Court of Australia in 2002.
Tim’s experience includes:
- Carnegie Gold Pty Ltd v Maughan  WASC 366
- Altona Mining Limited  FCA 614
- GR Engineering Services Ltd v Eastern Goldfields Ltd  WASC 19
- Cobalt One Ltd  FCA 1228 and Cobalt One Ltd (No 2)  FCA 1407
- Brewer & anor v O'Sullivan, Warden at Kalgoorlie & ors [No 2] (2017) 226 LGERA 99
- Marindi Metals Ltd v Kidman Resources Ltd  WASC 189
- Danehill Nominees Pty Ltd v Galea & Nearology Pty Ltd  WAMW 4
- Mesa Minerals Ltd v Mighty River International Ltd (2016) 241 FCR 241
- Inca Minerals Ltd v Brewer  WAMW 9
- Siberia Mining Corporation Pty Ltd v Wilson  WASC 322
- Aurora Oil & Gas Ltd  FCA 612 and Aurora Oil & Gas Ltd (No 2)  FCA 752
Awards and Recognition
Tim is named in Best Lawyers for Mining Law and for Insolvency and Reorganization Law.
Tim was recommended for Dispute Resolution.
Tim was recommended as a Leading Insolvency & Reconstruction Lawyer.
Tim was recommended as a Leading Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Lawyer.