+61 2 9263 4178
Leanne Meyer, Professional Support Lawyer
Leanne’s role involves:
- publishing regular current awareness updates for Gilbert + Tobin’s Competition and Regulation Lawyers and advising them on recent developments in areas such as competition (anti-trust), consumer protection, regulation and access;
- producing material for Gilbert + Tobin’s in-house legal knowledge database and updating and maintaining the currency of material relating to these areas; and
- creating and co-ordinating the legal learning program for the Group’s lawyers.
Prior to commencing her current role as professional support lawyer, Leanne practised as a senior lawyer in Gilbert + Tobin’s litigation group having commenced her employment with Gilbert + Tobin in 1999. She has acted in:
- Corporations Act proceedings involving allegations of breach of statutory duties, liabilities of officers and directors and the imposition of civil penalties;
- competition law proceedings involving allegations of misuse of market power and exclusive dealing;
- consumer protection matters involving claims of misleading or deceptive conduct or false representations.
Leanne holds an LLM from the University of Sydney and has practised as a lawyer since 1993.