+61 2 9263 4178
Leanne Meyer, Professional Support Lawyer
Leanne is a professional support lawyer in Gilbert + Tobin’s Competition & Regulation group.
Leanne’s role involves:
- publishing regular current awareness updates for Gilbert + Tobin’s Competition and Regulation Lawyers and advising them on recent developments in areas such as competition (anti-trust), consumer protection, regulation and access;
- producing material for Gilbert + Tobin’s in-house legal knowledge database and updating and maintaining the currency of material relating to these areas; and
- creating and co-ordinating the legal learning program for the Group’s lawyers.
Leanne also produces regular legal updates for clients of the Competition and Regulation group.
Prior to commencing her current role as professional support lawyer, Leanne practised as a senior lawyer in Gilbert + Tobin’s litigation group having commenced her employment with Gilbert + Tobin in 1999. She has acted in:
- Corporations Act proceedings involving allegations of breach of statutory duties, liabilities of officers and directors and the imposition of civil penalties;
- competition law proceedings involving allegations of misuse of market power and exclusive dealing;
- consumer protection matters involving claims of misleading or deceptive conduct or false representations.
Leanne is also a contributor to the firm’s pro bono practice and regularly provides advice as part of the Homeless Persons’ Legal Service and the Cancer Patients’ Legal Service.
Leanne holds an LLM from the University of Sydney and has practised as a lawyer since 1993.