+61 2 9263 4025
Tony Bancroft, Partner
Tony is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group specialising in major corporate and commercial transactions.
Tony has over 30 years of extensive experience in leading public acquisition and capital raising transactions and is regarded as a market leading securities lawyer. Tony’s areas of practice he often works in conjunction with leading financial advisers and Tony regularly provides strategic advice to the boards of corporations.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Tony was a partner at a leading top tier Australian firm for 30 years and also was the Managing Director and head of M&A of a major investment bank.
Tony’s experience includes:
Major M&A transactions
- Spark Infrastructure capital raising and repositioning
- Alinta Energy restructure
- Oil States International acquisition of the Mac Services Group via Scheme of Arrangement
- APA takeover offer for Qantas
- Fosters takeover of Southcorp
- AGL demerger and takeover defence against Alinta
- The successful defence of Australian Leisure and Hospitality
- Redomicile of News Corporation to the US
- Representing Promina on its acquisition by Suncorp
- GKN/Brambles dual listed company structure
- AMP acquisition of GIO and subsequent restructure and demerger
- Commonwealth Bank (Stages 2 and 3)
Other significant capital raisings
- David Jones Limited
- Westpac and TNT Convertible Preference Share issues
- RAMS float and sale of business to Westpac
- AMP Income Securities
- Woolworths Income Notes
Tony has a Bachelor of Law, a Bachelor of Arts and a Master of Laws from the University of Sydney.