In this insight, we summarise the new laws and take a closer look at how the reforms affect particular types of transactions. We also provide some practical tips for drafting and managing contracts affected by the new laws.
Real Estate + Projects
The Real Estate and Projects group is known for guiding clients through many significant sale, leasing, development and infrastructure transactions.
The team enjoys long-term relationships with key industry participants and is respected for its responsive and pragmatic advice focused on solving problems.
The group acts on matters across Australia offering clients the efficiency of a single point of contact for national projects, setting them apart from competitors. They are supported by specialists within corporate advisory, tax, environment and planning – ensuring smart, integrated advice and transaction management to achieve our clients’ objectives.
- Roads and Maritime Services 0n a long-running project culminating in the awarding of a 20-year concession to operate guided climbs on Sydney Harbour Bridge to Hammons Holdings.
- Twynam Agricultural Group on the sale of three large agribusiness properties which will be the first sales tested under new FIRB policy requirements.
- Norsk Hydro ASA on the sale of its 2,000 hectare former Kurri Kurri Aluminium Smelter site to Flow Systems.
- Palisade Investment Partners on its successful bid to become operator of the Sunshine Coast Airport and commercial partner in the associated development of the Airport’s new runway and related facilities.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the agreement for lease and lease of a new CBD commercial office building to be developed by Lend Lease.
- Viva Energy in relation to the creation of a REIT holding over 430 service station properties including the sale and concurrent leaseback documentation and portfolio master agreement.
- Fuji Xerox Australia on the agreement for lease and lease of a new head office building to be developed by Goodman Group and the sale of its head office in Mascot.
- Schweppes Australia on the agreement for lease and lease of 2 warehouse and office facilities being developed by different developers.
- Bluescope in relation to its long-term port facility at Port Kembla.
- Qube in relation to its acquisition of the Patricks container terminals in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle.
- Payce Consolidated Limited in relation to a major urban renewal project.
- Gilbert + Tobin's Real Estate + Projects team is ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019.
- Gilbert + Tobin's Real Estate + Projects team is ranked by Legal 500 2018.