Real Estate and Projects
The Real Estate and Projects group is known for guiding clients through many significant sale, leasing, development and infrastructure transactions. Recent work includes supporting David Jones, Ardent Leisure, Viva Energy REIT and Qube.
The team enjoys long-term relationships with key industry participants and is respected for its responsive and pragmatic advice focused on solving problems.
The group acts on matters across Australia offering clients the efficiency of a single point of contact for national projects, setting them apart from competitors. They are supported by specialists within corporate advisory, tax, environment and planning – ensuring smart, integrated advice and transaction management to achieve our clients’ objectives.
Our team has recently advised:
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the agreement for lease and lease of a new CBD commercial office building to be developed by Lend Lease.
- Viva Energy in relation to the creation of a REIT holding over 430 service station properties including the sale and concurrent leaseback documentation and portfolio master agreement.
- Fuji Xerox Australia on the agreement for lease and lease of a new head office building to be developed by Goodman Group and the sale of its head office in Mascot.
- Schweppes Australia on the agreement for lease and lease of 2 warehouse and office facilities being developed by different developers.
- Receivers and managers on the sale of Parklea Markets, a mixed use site including the site of one of Sydney’s largest weekly food and goods markets.
- Crescent Capital Partners on the property aspects of the acquisition of Healthscope’s pathology business.
- Bluescope in relation to its long-term port facility at Port Kembla.
- Qube in relation to its acquisition of the Patricks container terminals in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Fremantle.
- Payce Consolidated Limited in relation to a major urban renewal project.