Gilbert + Tobin’s Tax team works on some of Australia’s most significant transactions not only in its own right, but through a collaborative approach with specialists from all of our practice groups.
We advise clients on the structuring of investments, offer due diligence and negotiate and settle the tax issues on a range of deals. With a proven ability to work seamlessly with other advisors and client teams, we have the skills to develop tax-effective structures and provide advice to minimise the risk of later disputes. Our taxation advice covers a broad range of commercial transactions and disputes with Australian revenue authorities.
Our diligence, understanding, creativity and passion to deliver prompt and practical advice sets us apart from our competitors.
We have advised Australian and foreign multinational companies on a range of taxation matters including:
- Income and capital gains tax
- Goods and services tax
- Stamp duty in all Australian States and Territories
- Corporate tax consulting
- Corporate reorganisation and mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence
- Revenue authority and Australian Taxation Office investigation and audit related matters.
- Gilbert + Tobin's Tax Team is ranked by Legal 500 2018.