Adam is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Adam specialises in acting on equity capital markets transactions and advising on Australian securities law issues. He has extensive experience advising both issuers and brokers on initial public offerings and secondary raisings in Australia and also regularly acts on public regulated, as well as on private, merger and acquisitions transactions. Adam’s practice also includes advising on corporate governance, executive remuneration and general corporate law issues.
His recent equity capital markets transaction experience includes:
- Advising Nine Entertainment Co., Mantra Group Limited and Spotless on their initial public offerings and ASX listings, as well as a number of other companies on their proposed IPOs, including Moly-Cop.
- Advising the joint lead managers on a significant number of IPOs of Inghams, MYOB, WiseTech Global, Healthscope, the Costa Group, amaysim, Gateway Lifestyle and Estia Health.
- Advising the joint lead managers on the secondary market capital raisings undertaken by APA Group, Evolution Mining, Flexigroup and Mayne Pharma.
- Acted for Caltex on its $270m off-market buy-back by way of a tender offer, as well as on the $4.7bn selldown by Caltex’s former largest shareholder, Chevron.
Adam’s M&A transactional experience includes:
- Advising Wilmar International Limited and First Pacific Company Limited, on their $1.9 billion acquisition of Goodman Fielder.
- Advising Charter Hall Office REIT on its $1.2 billion takeover by way of trust scheme of arrangement by a consortium comprising the Singapore Government Investment Corporation, Canadian Public Sector Pension Fund and Charter Hall Group.
- Advising the Carlyle Group on its proposed takeover of Redflex Holdings with Macquarie Special Situations Fund by scheme of arrangement.
- Advising Brookfield Asset Management on its simultaneous takeover and scheme of arrangement of Prime Infrastructure Holdings (the former Babcock & Brown Infrastructure) as well as on its earlier $1.6b recapitalisation of Babcock & Brown Infrastructure.
- Advising Primary Health Care on its sale of Medical Director.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Adam was a member of the mergers and acquisitions group of another major Australian law firm and was the associate to Justice Richard Conti of the Federal Court of Australia.
Adam was admitted as a solicitor in 2006 and has a Bachelor of Laws (University Medal) and Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from the University of New South Wales.
+61 2 9263 4515