Adam is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group and also heads up the Investment Funds practice at Gilbert + Tobin.
He has been a partner with the firm for 12 years and worked with clients across a wide range of industries, advising on large scale equity capital raisings and mergers and acquisitions for PE, property funds and financial services institutions. Adam advises his clients on their fundraising, merger and acquisition activities, and their funds establishment and structuring work, and is ranked as one of Australia’s leading Corporate and Funds lawyers. He is also an expert in Australian financial services laws and financial product disclosure.
Adam’s practice is unique in the Australian market as he presents a complete solution to his sponsor clients. He is fluent in the structuring of their investment vehicles, which allows him to bring that experience to bear in their acquisition and exit work.
He has negotiated more than 50 M&A transactions, acted on more than 20 IPOs raising in excess of $10Bn, advised many listed company boards on a wide range of issues, and structured dozens of collective investment vehicles and management arrangements.
- Pemba Capital Partners on the approximately $700 million sale of Device Technologies (Medical Devices company) to Navis Capital Partners.
- Pemba Capital Partners on the sale of Heavy Maintenance Group Pty Ltd (a Queensland based heavy machinery parts manufacturing company) to Sime Darby.
- Liverpool Partners on the take private of Listed company Zenitas as part of a consortium with Adamantem.
- Telstra on the disposal of its balance sheet venture assets and establishment of a new blind pool offshore fund structure to house the same, cornerstoned by Harbourvest (US$400 million).
- Terex Corporation on the sale of Demag Mobile Cranes business to Tadano Ltd. for an enterprise value of approximately $215 million.
- Australian counsel to Blackstone on the acquisition (as part of a consortium including Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and GIC) of a controlling interest in a new entity housing the Financial and Risk business in JV with the previous owner Thomson Reuters, at an overall valuation of US$20 billion.
- Arowana & Co. on the establishment on the establishment of its new opportunistic debt fund, Australian Special Income Opportunities Fund targeting $300 million in commitments.
- Qualitas on the establishment on the establishment of its second flagship debt fund, Qualitas Real Estate Opportunities Fund II, an international fund targeting up to $500 million in commitments.
- Liverpool Partners on the establishment of its ESVCLP.
- Bain AsiaCap on the establishment of the investment structure and the M&A roll-up of a series of Aged Care businesses worth in excess of $250m into one of their Global Funds platforms.
+61 2 9263 4073