Alastair is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Alastair specialises in public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and equity capital market transactions. He also regularly advises on securities law and listing rule matters, joint ventures and general corporate law.
Alastair has also worked at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York, advising on cross-border private M&A and regulated U.S. debt and equity offerings.
Alastair holds degrees in Arts and Law with first-class honours from the University of Sydney.
- Harbour Energy on its $13.5bn offer for Santos (ASX:STO).
- CHAMP Private Equity on its 2011 initial acquisition and the 2017 $1bn sale of Accolade Wines.
- Quadrant Private Equity on its $1bn sale of Real Petfoods.
- Carlyle on the $517m sale of Coates Hire to its joint venture partner, National Hire / Seven Group Holdings (ASX:SGH) and for Coates Hire on its proposed initial public offer in 2012.
- APN Outdoor (ASX:APO) on the proposed $1.6bn merger of equals with oOh!media (ASX:OMG) in 2016/2017 and its initial public offering in 2014.
- Qube Holdings (ASX:QUB) on its underwritten equity offerings to raise $494m (2016) and $350m (2017),and its $300m offer of ASX-listed subordinated retail notes (2016).
- Accolade Wines on its proposed initial public offering (2016).
- Qube Holdings Limited (ASX:QUB) on the proposed $9.05 billion takeover (with a consortium comprising CPPIB, GIP and CIC) of Asciano Limited (ASX:AIO) and the related acquisition of Asciano’s Ports business (2015-2016).
- Greenstone on its proposed $1.3bn initial public offering in 2015, and for Greenstone’s founding shareholders on CDPQ’s subsequent acquisition of a 44% stake in 2016.
- Nine Entertainment Co. (ASX:NEC) on its $2.5 billion initial public offer and ASX listing.
+61 2 9263 4523