Alastair is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Alastair specialises in public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and equity capital market transactions. He also regularly advises on securities law and listing rule matters, joint ventures and general corporate law.
Alastair has also worked at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York, advising on cross-border private M&A and regulated U.S. debt and equity offerings.
Alastair holds degrees in Arts and Law with first-class honours from the University of Sydney.
Alastair’s experience includes advising:
- Harbour Energy on its $14.4 billion bid for Santos.
- CHAMP Private Equity on its 2011 initial acquisition and the 2017 $1 billion sale of Accolade Wines.
- Quadrant Private Equity on its $1 billion sale of Real Petfoods.
- Carlyle on the $517 million sale of Coates Hire to its joint venture partner, National Hire / Seven Group Holdings (ASX:SGH) and for Coates Hire on its proposed initial public offering.
- APN Outdoor (ASX:APO) on the proposed $1.6 billion merger of equals with oOh!media (ASX:OMG) in 2016/2017 and its initial public offering.
- Qube Holdings (ASX:QUB) on its underwritten equity offerings to raise $494 million (2016) and $350 million (2017),and its $300 million offer of ASX-listed subordinated retail notes (2016).
- Accolade Wines on its proposed initial public offering.
- Qube Holdings Limited (ASX:QUB) on the $9.05 billion takeover (with a consortium comprising CPPIB, GIP and CIC) of Asciano Limited (ASX:AIO) and the related acquisition of Asciano’s Ports business.
- Greenstone on its proposed $1.3 billion initial public offering in 2015, and for Greenstone’s founding shareholders on CDPQ’s subsequent acquisition of a 44% stake.
- Nine Entertainment Co. (ASX:NEC) on its $2.5 billion initial public offering and ASX listing.
Awards and Recognition
Alastair is recognised for his work in Corporate Law and Equity Capital Markets Law.
Alastair is recognised as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ for Capital Markets: Equity.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our analysis of Australian public mergers & acquisitions in 2022
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.