Alastair is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Alastair specialises in public and private mergers and acquisitions, private equity and equity capital market transactions. He also regularly advises on securities law and listing rule matters, joint ventures and general corporate law. Alastair has also worked at Sullivan & Cromwell in New York, advising on cross-border private M&A and regulated U.S. debt and equity offerings.
- Harbour Energy on its $14.4 billion offer for Santos (ASX:STO).
- CHAMP Private Equity on its 2011 initial acquisition and the 2017 $1 billion sale of Accolade Wines.
- Quadrant Private Equity on its $1 billion sale of Real Petfoods.
- Carlyle on the $517 million sale of Coates Hire to its joint venture partner, National Hire / Seven Group Holdings (ASX:SGH) and for Coates Hire on its proposed initial public offer in 2012.
- APN Outdoor (ASX:APO) on the proposed $1.6 billion merger of equals with oOh!media (ASX:OMG) in 2016/2017 and its initial public offering in 2014.
- Qube Holdings (ASX:QUB) on its underwritten equity offerings to raise $494 million (2016) and $350 million (2017),and its $300 million offer of ASX-listed subordinated retail notes (2016).
- Accolade Wines on its proposed initial public offering (2016).
- Qube Holdings Limited (ASX:QUB) on the proposed $9.05 billion takeover (with a consortium comprising CPPIB, GIP and CIC) of Asciano Limited (ASX:AIO) and the related acquisition of Asciano’s Ports business (2015-2016).
- Greenstone on its proposed $1.3 billion initial public offering in 2015, and for Greenstone’s founding shareholders on CDPQ’s subsequent acquisition of a 44% stake in 2016.
- Nine Entertainment Co. (ASX:NEC) on its $2.5 billion initial public offer and ASX listing.
Alastair holds degrees in Arts and Law with first-class honours from the University of Sydney.