Andrew is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Technology + Digital group.
He advises on a wide range of transformation projects, including IT infrastructure outsourcing, business transformation, corporate service transition and process redesign, cloud computing, systems integration projects, telecommunications contracts, software licensing arrangements, internet regulation and privacy.
Andrew was admitted as a solicitor in 2006. He has a Master in Law (First Class
Andrew’s experience includes:
- Acting for an Australian Big-Four Bank
on: the procurementof a new core banking solution from Oracle, including software licensing and support, hardware and maintenance, professional services and cloud services; infrastructureoutsourcing arrangements across a variety of IT environments (including mainframe, midrange, end user computing, data networking, security, storage ); telecommunicationsoutsourcing arrangements with major providers; thetransformation and in-sourcing of major business processes; and thedevelopment of a new online banking system.
- Acting for another of Australian Big-Four Bank on its infrastructure outsourcing arrangements.
- Advising two of Australia’s Big-Four Banks on their Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud computing agreements.
- Advising one of Australia’s largest heavy equipment companies on the systems integration of an ERP and a CRM system.
- Acting for one of Australia’s largest retailers on the unbundling of its telecommunications procurement.
Awards and Recognition
Recognised in Outsourcing Law and Information Technology Law
“Andrew Hii is no-nonsense, does not over service, is extremely thorough and is a pleasure to deal with.”