Andrew is a partner in the Technology + Digital group.
Andrew specialises in advising on a wide range of transformation projects, including IT infrastructure outsourcing, business transformation, corporate service transition and process redesign, cloud computing, systems integration projects, telecommunications contracts, software licensing arrangements, internet regulation and privacy.
- Acting for one of Australia’s four major banks on:
- the procurement of a new core banking solution from Oracle, including software licensing and support, hardware and maintenance, professional services and cloud services;
- its infrastructure outsourcing arrangements across a variety of IT environments (including mainframe, midrange, end user computing, data centre networking, security, storage etc);
- its telecommunications outsourcing arrangements with major providers;
- the transformation and in-sourcing of major business processes; and
- the development of a new online banking system.
- Acting for another of Australia’s four major banks on its infrastructure outsourcing arrangements;
- Advising two of Australia’s four major banks on their Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud computing agreements.
- Advising one of Australia’s largest heavy equipment companies on the systems integration of an ERP and a CRM system.
- Acting for one of Australia’s largest retailers on the “unbundling” of its telecommunications procurement.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Andrew practised at another major Australian law firm and was the research assistant to Justice Clifford Einstein of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Andrew was admitted as a solicitor in 2006. He has a Master in Law (First Class Honours) degree from the University of Cambridge, and a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales.