Danny Gilbert AM is co-founder and Managing Partner of Gilbert + Tobin.
In his role as co-founder and Managing Partner of Gilbert + Tobin, Danny has been the recipient of many awards over the past 20 years. More recently he received The Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards Managing Partner of the Year 2018 and the 2017 Financial Times Asia-Pacific Innovative Lawyers first ever Special Achievement Award for his extraordinary contribution to law and commitment to innovation.
Danny is currently:
- Director, Business Council of Australia
- Co-Chair, Cape York Partnership Group Pty Limited
- Co-Chair, Australians for Indigenous Constitutional Recognition Ltd
- Member, Social Impact Investing Taskforce Expert Panel, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Honorary Ambassador, Menzies School of Health Research
Danny has held various non-executive positions, including Non-Executive Director of National Australia Bank Limited 2004-2016, Chairman National Museum of Australia 2009-2015, Chairman Western Sydney University Foundation 2012-2019, Chairman Australian Film Television and Radio School, Chairman Law and Justice Foundation of NSW and Chairman Public Interest Advocacy Centre.
In June 2005, Danny was awarded a Member of the Order of Australia for his service to the law and to the community, particularly Indigenous Australians. In December 2019 Danny was awarded the degree of Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, by the University of New South Wales.
Danny is also a trustee of various private charitable trusts.