David is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
David specialises in private equity and general private M&A transactions and has been involved in a broad range of private and public work, including business and share acquisitions and disposals, inbound investments into Australia, corporate restructurings, venture capital transactions and joint ventures.
David regularly advises sponsors, investors and corporates both in relation to M&A transactions and commercial matters. His recent experience includes advising:
- The Stars Group Inc. on its acquisition, through its subsidiary CrownBet, of William Hill Australia
- The Stars Group Inc. on its acquisition of 80% in CrownBet
- Quadrant Private Equity on the sale of Zip Industries to US headquartered Culligan, owned by Advent International Global Private Equity
- Hankook Tire on its acquisition of JAX Tyres
- Quadrant Private Equity on its acquisition and subsequent sale of Canberra Data Centres to Infratil and Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
- Aramex in relation to its strategic e-commerce joint venture with Australia Post
- Aramex on its acquisition of Fastway Couriers
- Prosegur S.A. on its acquisition of Chubb Security Service
- Telstra on its $1bn acquisition of Pacnet, an Asian telecommunications and services provider to carriers, multinational corporations and governments in the Asia-Pacific region
- HOCHTIEF Airport GmbH on the sale of its interests in Sydney Airport to Canadian PSP Investments
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, David worked at Linklaters LLP in London as well as at leading firms in South Africa and Bermuda.
David is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising), an attorney in South Africa and an attorney in Bermuda (non-practising).
David has a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Laws (First Class) from the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
David is a Non-Executive Director of The Bradman Foundation.
Kimi Al Gadi
+61 2 9263 4611