David specialises in private equity and general private M&A transactions and has been involved in a broad range of private and public work, including business and share acquisitions and disposals, inbound investments into Australia, corporate restructurings, venture capital transactions and joint ventures.
David is admitted as a solicitor in New South Wales, a solicitor in England and Wales (non-practising), an attorney in South Africa and an attorney in Bermuda (non-practising).
David is a Non-Executive Director of The Bradman Foundation. Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, David worked at Linklaters LLP in London as well as at leading firms in South Africa and Bermuda.
David has a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Laws (First Class) from the University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
David regularly advises sponsors, investors and corporates both in relation to M&A transactions and commercial matters.
David’s recent experience includes advising:
- The Stars Group Inc. on its acquisition, through its subsidiary CrownBet, of William Hill Australia.
- The Stars Group Inc. on its acquisition of 80% in CrownBet.
- Quadrant Private Equity on the sale of Zip Industries to US headquartered Culligan, owned by Advent International Global Private Equity.
- Hankook Tire on its acquisition of JAX Tyres.
- Quadrant Private Equity on its acquisition and subsequent sale of Canberra Data Centres to Infratil and Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation.
- Aramex in relation to its strategic e-commerce joint venture with Australia Post.
- Aramex on its acquisition of Fastway Couriers.
- Prosegur S.A. on its acquisition of Chubb Security Service.
- Telstra on its $1 billion acquisition of Pacnet, an Asian telecommunications and services provider to carriers, multinational corporations and governments in the Asia-Pacific region.
- HOCHTIEF Airport GmbH on the sale of its interests in Sydney Airport to Canadian PSP Investments.
Awards and Recognition
David is recognised in the Mergers & Acquisitions Law category.