Judy is a partner in Gilbert +Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group, specialising in investment funds, mergers and acquisitions and venture capital. Judy has both offshore and cross-border experience, having previously worked in Switzerland, the U.S. and the Channel Islands for a global private equity group, focussing on primary and secondary fund investments.
Judy holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (Double Major in Finance) from the University of Sydney. She has completed level II of the CFA Program and was admitted to practice in New South Wales in 2009. Judy is a native Mandarin Chinese speaker.
Judy’s experience includes advising:
- Five V Capital in relation to the establishment of Five V Fund IV ($550m), Five V Fund III ($250m), Five V Fund II ($100m), VC Fund I and several separate account mandates with regulated superannuation funds;
- Pemba Capital Partners on the establishment of Pemba Fund II ($380m+) and a $650m management led secondaries fund;
- Quadrant Private Equity with respect to its 7th buyout fund of $1.24 Bn and 2nd growth fund of $530m;
- Taronga Ventures on the simultaneous restructuring and capital raising for its Real Tech Ventures fund (negotiating across investors including APG, Ivanhoe Cambridge and Qantas Super);
- OIF Ventures on the establishment of its Fund II ($100m+) and Fund III ($140m);
- Square Peg Capital with respect to its 2020 Fund ($600m), 2018 Fund ($350m) and 2015 Fund ($200m), and the sale of its major shareholding in Vend Limited (deal value of US$350m);
- Blackbird Ventures with respect to its $100m partial secondary sale of portfolio companies to Stepstone and HESTA, and the establishment of its 2020 Core Fund and Follow-on Fund;
- AirTree Ventures on the establishment of its 2019 Fund ($275m) and 2016 Fund ($250m);
- Four of the five shortlisted candidates for the Commonwealth’s $500m Biomedical Translation Fund program, including acting for the three that were successfully licensed: Brandon Capital, OneVentures and BioScience Managers;
- IFM Investors in respect of its 2020 private equity growth fund;
- Telstra Corporation on its US$170m investment in Telstra Ventures Fund III;
- Investible with respect to the Investible Climate Tech Fund one of Australia’s first early-stage climate-focussed technology businesses;
- In-Q-Tel on its seed investment in Visionary Machines, Fleet Space, High Earth Robotics and Zetaris;
- Tenacious Ventures in relation to seed investments in Jupiter Ionics, Cecil Earth, RapidAim and Geora;
- Ten13 on the Australian aspects of its sale of Clipchamp, Inc and its investments in Mr. Yum, Amplified Intelligence, Vitruvian and Delegate Connect;
- Rubicon Technology Partners in relation to its acquisition of QSR International, the world’s leading qualitative data analytics software company; and
- Stantec, a Canadian listed global professional services group, on the acquisitions of Wood & Grieve Engineers Limited and GTA Consultants.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our analysis of Australian public mergers & acquisitions in 2022
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.