Moya is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Competition + Regulation group.
Moya specialises in telecommunications, online businesses and converging media.She has extensive experience providing legal / regulatory advice, and well as economic and business analysis.
Prior to joining the firm Moya was Vice President at leading economic consulting firm, CRA International. Before that, Moya spent several years in senior business and legal roles at Fairfax and Telstra. Examples of significant matters Moya has been involved with recently include:
- Advising on next-generation network issues, including legal, regulatory, economic aspects, fibre-to-the-node proposals and regulatory proceedings.
- Advising a major telecommunications carrier in regulatory proceedings, seeking exemption from wholesale access obligations in geographic areas where competitor cable infrastructure has been deployed.
- Advising on pricing and associated economic issues in support of proposed access arrangements for digital set-top units.
- Authoring reports for public submission by the GSM Association (Europe) on digital rights management and IP interconnection. Advising a payment systems industry body on self-regulatory principles and models.
- Authoring an expert report for public submission to Canadian regulatory proceedings regarding wholesale regulation.
- Advising an international subscription television provider on aspects of broadcasting regulation in Australia.
Moya has a Bachelor of Laws with Honours in Media Law, and has completed a Masters of Business Administration. In 2013 she was elected to the Executive Committee of The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) and is a member of the International Council of Arbitration for Sport. Moya also serves on the Executive Committee of the the Asian Football Confederation and is a Director of Football Federation Australia. Moya was previously an Australian team representative with the Matildas.
+61 2 9263 4193