Rachael is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Rachael specialises in mergers and acquisitions, equity capital market transactions and advising on securities law and listing rule matters generally. Rachael has acted on many of the major IPOs in the Australian market over the last 18 months. She also advises on foreign direct investment into Australia.
Rachael's experience includes working at another top tier Australian law firm. Rachael has university qualifications in commerce and law from the University of New South Wales. Rachael has also co-authored and presented a number of papers on Chinese SOEs and foreign direct investment in Australia.
Rachael’s recent experience includes advising:
- TPG Capital on its $1 billion acquisition of Greencross Limited.
- Harbour Energy on its (ultimately unsuccessful) proposed acquisition of Santos Limited by way of a US$14.4 billion cash and scrip scheme of arrangement – the transaction would have represented the world’s largest private equity deal in the sector.
- Quadrant Private Equity on many of its investments including:
- the $1 billion sale of the Real Pet Food Co to a consortium of investors including New Hope, Hosen and Temasek;
- its acquisition of the iconic Darrell Lea and RJ's Licorice businesses from the Quinn family; and
- its investment in the Timezone business which operates across the Asia Pacific region and the subsequent acquisition of Ardent’s bowling business.
Awards and Recognition
Rachael was ranked for Capital Markets: Equity and Private Equity.
Rachael was named 'Lawyer of the Year' for Private Equity Law.
Rachael was recognised in the areas of Corporate, Equity Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Law.
Rachael ranks in the Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A categories.
Rachael won Dealmaker of the Year
Rachael won Partner of the Year - M&A.
Rachael for Capital Markets: Equity.
Rachael was a Finalist, Partner of the Year - Corporate, Commercial and Capital Markets.