Rachael is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Rachael specialises in mergers and acquisitions, equity capital market transactions and advising on securities law and listing rule matters. Rachael has acted on many of the major IPOs and private equity led public to privates in the Australian market over the last 18 months.
Rachael's experience includes working at another top tier Australian law firm. Rachael has university qualifications in commerce and law from the University of New South Wales.
- Adore Beauty on its IPO and ASX listing. The IPO being one of the largest to list on the ASX in 2020.
- Universal Store on its IPO and ASX listing in 2020.
- L Catterton, the largest consumer-focused private equity firm in the world, on the sale of RM Williams to Andrew Forrest’s private investment group Tattarang.
- QuadPay Inc and its shareholders on the acquisition of US buy-now pay-later company QuadPay, by Zip Co.
- Probe’s acquisitions of Microsourcing and Stellar to form the largest Australian owned customer experience outsourcing provider.
- Quadrant Private Equity on its acquisition of ASX-listed digital signage and sports advertising company QMS Media by scheme of arrangement.
- TPG Capital on its $1 billion acquisition of ASX-listed pets and vets group Greencross Limited by scheme of arrangement.
- Five V on its acquisition of experience outsourcing providers Probe and Contact and subsequent sell down to Quadrant Private Equity.
- Quadrant Private Equity and the Quadrant Growth Fund on many of its investments including:
- the $1 billion sale of the Real Pet Food Co to a consortium of investors including New Hope, Hosen and Temasek;
- Quadrant’s acquisitions of Total Drains Group, Darrell Lea and RJ's Licorice, Timezone and Ardent’s bowling business; and
- Quadrant Growth Fund’s acquisitions of Adore Beauty, Modibodi, Love to Dream and Arq.
- Five V, CDCM and BBRC on their acquisition of Universal Store.
- Harbour Energy on its (ultimately unsuccessful) proposed acquisition of Santos Limited by way of a US$14.4 billion cash and scrip scheme of arrangement – the transaction would have represented the world’s largest private equity deal in the sector.
Awards and Recognition
Rachael was recognised in the areas of Corporate, Equity Capital Markets, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Law.
Rachael was named 'Lawyer of the Year' for Private Equity Law.
Rachael was ranked for Capital Markets: Equity and Private Equity.
Rachael ranks in the Capital Markets and Corporate/M&A categories.
Rachael won Dealmaker of the Year
Rachael won Partner of the Year - M&A.
Rachael for Capital Markets: Equity.
Rachael was a Finalist, Partner of the Year - Corporate, Commercial and Capital Markets.