Rachael is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Rachael specialises in mergers and acquisitions, equity capital market transactions and advising on securities law and listing rule matters generally. Rachael has acted on many of the major IPOs in the Australian market over the last 18 months. She also advises on foreign direct investment into Australia.
Rachael's recent experience includes:
- TPG Capital on its $1 billion acquisition of Greencross Limited.
- Harbour Energy on its (ultimately unsuccessful) proposed acquisition of Santos Limited by way of a US$14.4billion cash and scrip scheme of arrangement – the transaction would have represented the world’s largest private equity deal in the sector.
- Quadrant Private Equity on many of its investments including:
- the $1 billion sale of the Real Pet Food Co to a consortium of investors including New Hope, Hosen and Temasek;
- its acquisition of the iconic Darrell Lea and RJ's Licorice businesses from the Quinn family; and
- its investment in the Timezone business which operates across the Asia Pacific region and the subsequent acquisition of Ardent’s bowling business.
Best Lawyers Australia 2020 names Rachael 'Lawyer of the Year' for Private Equity Law. She is also recognised in the areas of Corporate, Equity Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Law. Rachael is recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific and Chambers Global for Private Equity and Capital Markets: Equity. Chambers Asia Pacific 2019 highlighted Rachael as "super efficient, super responsive, super user-friendly, very dedicated and a pleasure to work with."
Rachael has also co-authored and presented a number of papers on Chinese SOEs and foreign direct investment in Australia.
Rachael's experience includes working at another top tier Australian law firm. Rachael has university qualifications in commerce and law from the University of New South Wales.
+61 2 9263 4523