Sarah is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin's Corporate Advisory group.
Her expertise covers a broad range of commercial matters, including equity capital markets, takeovers, schemes of arrangement, share acquisitions and general corporate advisory and governance work.
Sarah has co-authored and presented numerous papers on global legal issues and directors' duties.
Sarah has a Bachelor of Laws (Distinction) from the University of Western Australia and was admitted to practice in late 2001.
Sarah’s recent experience includes recently advising the following on capital raisings in the current financial year:
- Westgold Resources on its proposed placement of up to approximately $100 million
- Ora Banda on its $15 million accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer, placement and earlier SPP
- Altamin on its entitlement offer
- Nuheara on its placement
- De Grey Mining on its $125 million placement
- West African Resources on its capital raising for the acquisition of the 6.8Moz Kiaka Gold Project
- Triton Minerals on its placement and entitlement offer
- Sandfire Resources on its placement and accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer to help fund the US$1,865 million acquisition of MATSA
- BCI Minerals on its $360 million placement and SPP
The following in relation to control transactions:
- Deep Yellow on its proposed transaction of Vimy Resources
- Panoramic Resources on its defence of the IGO takeover bid, Western Areas strategic investment and accelerated entitlement offers
- Exore on its acquisition by Perseus Mining by scheme of arrangement
- Cobalt One on its acquisition by First Cobalt by scheme of arrangement
- Aurora Oil & Gas on its acquisition by Baytex via a scheme of arrangement
- Centerbridge and Oaktree consortium in relation to their Takeovers Panel application regarding the affairs of Billabong, and
- Paladin, Mirabela Nickel and Triton Minerals recapitalisations and restructures
Awards and Recognition
Sarah was listed as a Best Lawyer in the areas of Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Governance Practice and Equity Capital Markets Law.
Sarah was named 'Lawyer of the Year (Perth)' for Mergers and Acquisitions Law.
Sarah was listed as a Recommended Lawyer.
Sarah is recognised as a Leading Individual for Capital Markets: Equity
We define what sustainable finance is, why it is essential, highlight two distinct approaches to sustainable financing frameworks and more.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our analysis of Australian public mergers & acquisitions in 2022
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.