Enormous amounts of time, money and effort go into infrastructure projects well before the physical aspects of a project begin. Expert legal advice is essential to giving project the best start and for ensuring an efficient and effective response to contingencies.
Gilbert + Tobin’s infrastructure team has a deep understanding of the commercial drivers and risks associated with infrastructure projects and transactions. We advise a wide range of developers, financiers, government and industry bodies on some of Australia’s largest and most difficult infrastructure transactions.
We recognise that infrastructure projects need a variety of different legal specialisations. Our approach is an integrated one in which we bring together a team with the necessary skills required to deliver the best results for our client.
- Market leading advice on regulatory matters
- Leading expertise in structuring the funding for the project
- Strong relationships with banks and other projects funders
- An understanding and an ability to work well with government agencies
- An approach and ability which allows us to work constructively with all stakeholders to achieve a successful outcome for the project.
- The Gilbert + Tobin team were awarded M&A Deal of the Year and Australian Deal of the Year (NSW Electricity Networks acquisition of Transgrid) at the 2016 Australasian Law Awards.
- Gilbert + Tobin advised on the TransGrid deal which was awarded M&A Deal of the Year at the 2015 Project Finance International Awards.
- Gilbert + Tobin team advised on the Northern Beaches Hospital PPP which was awarded the Advisory Excellence Award at the 2015 Infrastructure Partnerships Australia Awards.
- Gilbert + Tobin won Property, Infrastructure and Projects Deal of the Year at the 2015 Australasian Law Awards.