We are pleased to present to you the 2015 Gilbert + Tobin Competition Review.
Australian competition law is at an inflection point and the G+T team has been at the forefront of this debate to shape its direction. Drawing from interviews conducted by G+T with experts in the Australian Competition and Regulatory Law field, as well as our own experience, the Competition Review examines the major competition law and regulatory developments over the last 18 months, and predicts key trends we are likely to see through the remainder of 2015 and into 2016.
Through our publication, we share our insights on:
- The history and future of the Harper Review, including an interview between Luke Woodward and Michael O’Bryan QC, senior counsel at the Victorian Bar and member of the Competition Policy Review Panel;
- Trends in competition enforcement, including an interview between Christoph van Opstal and Sarah Court, Chair of the ACCC’s Enforcement Committee;
- ACL enforcement priorities and actions, including a video interview between Charles Coorey and Delia Rickard, Deputy Chair of the ACCC;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Energy network regulation, including a video interview between Bridget Liedig and Malcolm Roberts, Former Chairman of the Queensland Competition Authority;
- The importance of competition to Australia’s financial system; and
- Multijurisdictional coordination between competition regulators, with an interview between Lena Vanmali and Randolph Tritell, Director of the US Federal Trade Commission’s Office of International Affairs.
We would be delighted to hear your comments on the publication, please contact any of our team members who would be happy to assist.
Our COVID-19 hub collates important articles and legal advice on various aspects of COVID-19 on how it may impact your business.