Go to our Contact page for all our Contact details
G+T celebrates winning deals at 2018 Australasian Law Awards
Gilbert + Tobin has continued its winning run at the Australasian Law Awards held in Sydney on 17 May 2018, with the firm recognised in a record number of deal awards including the coveted Australian Deal of the Year and International Deal of the Year.
The firm was shortlisted for 22 awards in total and represented strongly in seven major deal awards:
- Australian Deal of the Year (Arrium restructuring)
- International Deal of the Year (sale of Ansell sexual wellness business)
- M&A Deal of the Year (Yancoal acquisition of Coal & Allied)
- Equity Market Deal of the Year (Yancoal Capital Raising)
- Insolvency and Restructuring Deal of the Year (Arrium restructuring)
- Debt Market Deal of the Year (Reliance Rail)
- Energy & Resources Deal of the Year (Lattice Energy dual track)
Managing Partner Danny Gilbert said, “2017 was a year of high-stakes and complex transactions involving our M&A, capital markets, insolvency and restructuring, and energy and resources teams.
“We are honoured to have been involved in so many of this year’s winning deals and I would like to congratulate the G+T teams on this well-deserved recognition. These awards are a great reflection of the expertise and hard work of our many talented lawyers and our reputation as leaders in market-defining deals. Thank you to our clients for their continued support and trust in our ability to consistently deliver top quality advice and results for their business.”
Gilbert + Tobin was shortlisted for Law firm of the Year (1-500 lawyers), an award the firm has won twice before; Law Firm Leader of the Year (over 200 employees); and Corporate Citizen Firm of the Year.