The environment for corporate transactions is becoming increasingly complex. Businesses must meet both their legal obligations and the demands of shareholders and other stakeholders.
Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory Group provides innovative solutions and project management for large-scale corporate transactions and advises on a range of related corporate issues.
The team is made up of highly respected lawyers with skills appropriate to a range of merger and acquisition, and capital markets transactions. We achieve commercial results through creative solutions and perseverance.
We provide a range of services to ensure compliance with the requirements of the Corporations Act and good corporate governance practices. Our team has advised senior management and boards on a wide range of complex business and legal issues. Regarded as one of the leading advisers to private equity funds, our team blends traditional corporate law skills with an understanding of the needs of private equity investors.
- Corporate mergers, acquisitions and disposals, and related due diligence, tax and structuring issues.
- Joint ventures, including devising ownership, management and operational structures to meet commercial and regulatory requirements.
- IPOs, placements and rights issues for companies and managed funds.
- Complex private equity structuring and consequent investment and exit transactions; including management and leveraged buy-outs.
- Capital management strategies, including buy-backs and capital reductions.
- Capital markets activities, including the structuring of complex capital instruments such as debenture and hybrid offerings and warrants.
- Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule compliance issues, including continuous disclosure, corporate governance and periodic disclosure obligations and board charter solutions for public and private companies.
- Australian Financial Services Licence applications and compliance for licensees.
- Company secretarial assistance to companies, including the establishment of companies, preparing minutes and resolutions for board and shareholder meetings, and undertaking statutory filings.
Other experience includes:
- Yancoal Australia Limited's dual listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the associated IPO of its shares to raise HK$1.605 billion.
- Coca-Cola Amatil on the joint acquisition with The Coca-Cola Company of a 45% stake in the Made Group.
- Beach Energy Limited’s $1.585 billion acquisition of Lattice Energy Limited and related capital raising.
- Quadrant Private Equity and the minority owners of the Real Pet Food Co on the $1 billion sale of the Real Pet Food Co to a consortium of investors including New Hope, Hosen and Temasek.
- CHAMP Private Equity on the $1 billion sale of Accolade Wines.
- IOOF on its $975 million acquisition of ANZ’s OnePath Pensions and Investments business, including advising on a capital raising by way of placement and share purchase plan to fund the transaction.
- Qube Consortium on the $9 billion acquisition of Asciano.
- TPG Consortium on the proposed $2.75 billion acquisition by TPG and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan of Fairfax by scheme of arrangement.
- Spotless on the defence of the unsolicited $1.2 billion takeover bid by Downer EDI.
- The dual-track IPO and trade sale process of Zip Industries Limited, which resulted in the sale of Zip by Quadrant Private Equity to Advent-backed Culligan International.
- Morgan Stanley as the lead manager of the New Energy Solar Fund IPO.
- TPG Telecom on its $400 million accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer.