Alex is a special counsel in our Banking + Projects practice group in Melbourne.
Alex’s practice encompasses general corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance, project finance and restructuring work. He has experience acting for both borrowers and lenders on domestic and cross-border transactions across a variety of sectors and jurisdictions.
Alex’s experience includes advising:
- AustralianSuper and Singtel: Advised on the financing aspects of their joint $1.9bn acquisition of the Australia Tower Network mobile tower business, followed by the subsequent acquisition of the Axicom business for $3.58bn.*
- The Lenders: Advised in connection with a holdco financing to fund APG's indirect 16.8% interest in Ausgrid.*
- K&S Corporation Limited: Advised in relation to the set-up of a Common Terms Deed financing structure and the associated A$200 million refinancing of its facilities.*
- PSC Insurance Group Limited: Advised on the refinancing of its Syndicated Facility Agreement.*
- The Lenders: Advising in respect of the establishment of a new multi-source debt funding platform for AGIG.*
- The Lenders: Advising in relation to the ongoing management of the Melbourne Airport facilities.*
- The Lenders: Advising in relation to the restructuring of their facilities with Freedom Foods Group (noumi) and subsequent recapitalisation process.*
- Keppel Infrastructure Trust (KIT): Advising on its acquisition of leading chemicals business Ixom for an enterprise value of $1.1 billion.*
- The Lenders: Advising in relation to WestConnex’s $4.2 billion refinancing.*
- Natixis: Advised in respect of the Pacific Light Cable Network financing.*
- The Lenders: Advising in relation to an AirTrunk data centre expansion financing.*
- The Lenders: Advising in respect of the $1.23 billion acquisition of iNova Pharmaceuticals by Pacific Equity Partners and The Carlyle Group.*
- Bapcor: Advising in relation to its A$413 million acquisition of Hellaby Holdings Limited, followed by successive refinancings under a Common Terms Deed structure.*
*Experience at previous firm.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.