Hiroshi specialises in mergers & acquisitions and private equity transactions. He also regularly advises on general corporate, securities law, governance and foreign investment matters.
Hiroshi’s transactional experience includes acting for:
- KordaMentha as administrators of Arrium Limited on the dual track sale process for Moly-Cop resulting in the US$1.23 billion acquisition by American Industrial Partners.
- Energy Developments Limited on its $1.4 billion scheme acquisition by DUET Group.
- Woolworths Holdings Limited (South Africa) on its $2.15 billion acquisition of David Jones Limited by scheme of arrangement and $1.76 billion takeover of Country Road Limited.
- Alinta Energy on its $1.6 billion refinancing and subsequent spin-off of Flinders Energy.
- Aramex on its sale of the Mail Call Courier business to Australia Post and concurrent establishment of an e-commerce joint venture.
- Caltex Australia Limited on its acquisition of the Milemaker Petroleum business.
- Pacific Equity Partners on its $1.1 billion acquisition of Spotless Group, buyout of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s stake in Veda Advantage and acquisition of Pinnacle Bakery.
- The Carlyle Group on the $2.7 billion public to private of Healthscope Limited and its $3 billion joint venture with National Hire Limited to acquire and merge the National Hire and Coates Hire equipment rental businesses.
- Carlyle Infrastructure Partners on its cornerstone investment in Qube Logistics and involvement in a consortium bidding for the Port of Brisbane.
- Acting on various management incentive plans for Pinnacle, Mantra, Stella Travel Group, Energy Developments, Hoyts and Consolidated Media Holdings.
- Finalist, Australian Dealmaker of the Year, 2017 Australasian Law Awards
- Finalist, Partner of the Year - Commercial, 2017 Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards
Hiroshi has qualifications in law (Hons) and economics (Hons) from Sydney University.
+61 2 9263 4293