Hiroshi is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
Hiroshi specialises in mergers & acquisitions and private equity work. He also regularly advises on general corporate, securities law, governance and foreign investment matters.
Hiroshi’s transactional experience includes acting for:
- Energy Developments Limited on its $1.4 billion scheme acquisition by DUET Group.
- Woolworths Holdings Limited (South Africa) on its $2.15 billion acquisition of David Jones Limited by scheme of arrangement and $1.76 billion takeover of Country Road Limited.
- Alinta Energy on its $1.6 billion refinancing, including a hybrid equity raising from its institutional shareholders.
- Country Road on its $181 million acquisition of Witchery and Mimco which required both a debt and equity capital raising process to fund the acquisition.
- Pacific Equity Partners on its $1.1 billion acquisition of Spotless Group, buyout of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s stake in Veda Advantage and its proposals to invest in Flight Centre Limited.
- The Carlyle Group on the $2.7 billion public to private of Healthscope Limited and its $3 billion joint venture with National Hire Limited to acquire and merge the National Hire and Coates Hire equipment rental businesses.
- Carlyle Infrastructure Partners on its cornerstone investment in Qube Logistics and involvement in a consortium bidding for the Port of Brisbane.
- Publishing & Broadcasting Limited in relation to the $13 billion demerger of its gaming and media businesses forming two separately listed companies, Crown Limited and Consolidated Media Holdings Limited.
- Acting on various management incentive plans for Mantra, Stella Travel Group, Energy Developments, Hoyts and Consolidated Media Holdings.
Hiroshi has qualifications in law (Hons) and economics (Hons) from Sydney University.
+61 2 9263 4112