Hiroshi is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
He specialises in mergers & acquisitions and private equity transactions. Hiroshi also regularly advises on general corporate, securities law, governance and foreign investment matters. Hiroshi also chairs the firm’s Diversity Council.
Hiroshi has qualifications in Law (Hons) and Economics (Hons) from Sydney University.
Hiroshi’s experience includes advising:
- Peregrine Corporation on its $1.15 billion sale of OTR to Viva Energy in a merger with Coles Express to establish a leading national convenience retail network.
- Jurox Pty Limited (leading Australian animal health business) on its sale process resulting in a sale to Nasdaq-listed Zoetis Inc.
- CRH plc on its US$3.8 billion divestment of the Building Envelope business.
- PEP and Carlyle on the sale of iNova Pharmaceuticals to TPG Capital.
- Adamantem Capital on the acquisition of the cardiology business of GenesisCare.
- EnergyOne Limited on its acquisitions of CQ Energy Group, Egssis, eZ-nergy and Contigo Software.
- Sea to Summit in respect of its sale to Five V Capital.
- Adamantem Capital on the acquisitions of NAK Hair, the Spotless commercial laundries business from Downer and the ASX-listed Legend Corporation Limited by way of scheme of arrangement.
- TDM Growth Partners on its investments in CultureAmp, Guzman y Gomez, SafetyCulture, Pet Circle. League Inc and ROKT Software.
- Pacific Equity Partners on the $964 million sale of Allied Pinnacle to Nisshin Seifun Group, Inc.
- Pacific Equity Partners and The Carlyle Group on the $1.23 billion acquisition of iNova Pharmaceuticals.
- Reliance Rail on its A$3.6 billion refinancing and recapitalisation.
- KordaMentha as administrators of Arrium Limited on the dual track sale process for Moly-Cop resulting in the US$1.23 billion acquisition by American Industrial Partners.
- Energy Developments Limited on its $1.4 billion scheme acquisition by DUET Group.
- Woolworths Holdings Limited (South Africa) on its $2.15 billion acquisition of David Jones Limited by scheme of arrangement and $1.76 billion takeover of Country Road Limited.
- Alinta Energy on its $1.6 billion refinancing and subsequent spin-off of Flinders Energy.
- Aramex on its sale of the Mail Call Courier business to Australia Post and concurrent establishment of an e-commerce joint venture.
- Caltex Australia Limited on its acquisition of the Milemaker Petroleum business.
- Pacific Equity Partners on its $1.1 billion acquisition of Spotless Group, buyout of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s stake in Veda Advantage and acquisition of Pinnacle Bakery.
- The Carlyle Group on the $2.7 billion public to private of Healthscope Limited and its $3 billion joint venture with National Hire Limited to acquire and merge the National Hire and Coates Hire equipment rental businesses.
- Carlyle Infrastructure Partners on its cornerstone investment in Qube Logistics and involvement in a consortium bidding for the Port of Brisbane.
- Acting on various management incentive plans for Pinnacle, Mantra, Stella Travel Group, Energy Developments, Hoyts and Consolidated Media Holdings.
Awards and Recognition
Hiroshi is recognised for Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity Law.
Hiroshi was a finalist for Dealmaker of the Year.
Hiroshi was a finalist for Partner of the Year - Commercial.
The Digital Hub brings together the key issues you need to think about in your business as well as providing practical toolkits and regular updates on the latest digital developments.
Our expertise and solutions
for generating cleaner, greener futures
Read our Highlights And Hot Takes from the Privacy Act Review Report.
Read our analysis of Australian public mergers & acquisitions in 2022
Demand for sustainable practices is driving change across corporate Australia, find out the latest industry insights and decarbonising opportunities.