Justin is a partner in Gilbert + Tobin’s Corporate Advisory group.
From March 2013 to May 2016 Justin was employed as an Executive Director in the investment banking division of the Macquarie Group in Perth. Prior to joining Macquarie, he was Managing Director of Gresham Advisory Partners and head of Gresham's Perth office, and, before that, a Partner in both the Sydney and Perth offices of another major law firm.
Justin has a total of 25 years' corporate finance experience as a lawyer and investment banker. He has advised on a wide range of M&A, and equity capital markets transactions across a variety of industry sectors including energy & resources, financial services, technology, media & telecommunications, engineering & mining services, food & beverage and real estate.
Justin also advises clients on corporate governance issues including entity formation and structuring, shareholder activism, audit and risk management, directors’ duties and corporate social responsibility.
Justin is currently serving in a non-executive capacity on a number of listed, Government and not-for-profit Boards.
Justin holds a combined Commerce and Law Degree with First Class Honours from the University of Western Australia and a Master of Laws from the University of Cambridge.
Justin's experience includes advising:
- Mineral Resources on its proposed US$1.3 billion sale of a 60% interest in the Wodgina lithium project to Albemarle Corporation
- Northern Star Resources on its $243 million takeover bid for Echo Resources
- Contemporary Amperex Technologies in relation to its proposed $55 million cornerstone investment in Pilbara Minerals
- Sandfire Resources on its $167 million acquisition of MOD Resources by way of scheme of arrangement
- Great Panther Mining in relation to its $144 million acquisition of Beadell Resources by way of scheme of arrangement
- Altona Mining Limited on its $93 million acquisition by Copper Mountain Mining Corporation by way of scheme of arrangement
- Indonesian investment group PT Jayatama Tekno Sejahtera and associates on their $15 million investment into ASX-listed Gulf Manganese
- Heytesbury on its acquisition of a stake in, and $52 million recapitalisation of, livestock exporter Wellard, and its proposed US$22m vessel acquisition from Wellard
- Wolfstrike Rentals Group on its $23 million acquisition, by means of reverse takeover, of New Zealand based SME lender FE Investments Limited
Awards and Recognition
Justin was listed as Best Lawyer for Corporate Law, Equity Capital Markets Law and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Justin was awarded Lawyer of the Year for Corporate Law.