Royal Commissions and Commissions of Inquiry are complex, long running matters, often involving intense media scrutiny and intricate stakeholder management.
Disputes + Investigations
Gilbert + Tobin is the firm of choice when the stakes are high.
Our lawyers have been and continue to be involved in Australia’s most high-profile commercial disputes, litigation, investigations and inquires.
Clients come to us for our sophisticated and strategic litigation and dispute resolution services across a broad range of legal areas. We work closely with clients to deliver focused, timely and cost-effective solutions.
Our key areas of expertise are
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Actions
- Commissions and Inquiries
- Anti-bribery + Corruption
- Regulatory Compliance + Investigations
- Corporate Crime
- Employment disputes
For more detailed information on our Disputes + Investigations expertise please click on the specialist practices to the right.
The Disputes + Investigations team at Gilbert + Tobin specialises in assisting clients to navigate complex and significant contentious issues. We work closely with our clients to develop an approach best suited to achieving their objectives. Our steadfast focus is on the protection of your interests. We understand that litigation should always be a last resort but, where necessary, needs to be handled strategically and commercially and with jealous regard to your reputation.
We specialise in sensitive investigations and inquiries - from internal issues to regulatory investigations to commissions of inquiry - we understand the need for clarity of thought, discretion and insight. We know that the manner in which investigations are handled can be the best protection against bigger issues.
Gilbert + Tobin takes on difficult cases and regularly delivers solutions that challenge the status quo. Many of the cases we conduct involve multiple parties and novel legal or factual issues. Our firm has been the winner of the Financial Times Most Innovative Asia-Pacific Firm, Most Innovative Law Firm in Australia and many other innovation-related awards.
We work with clients to deliver timely and cost-effective advice developed within the framework of agreed objectives. We continually reassess the progress of disputes and discuss strategy with our clients to ensure that strategic choices remain aligned with those goals and that there are no unwelcome surprises.
- Gilbert + Tobin was named National Law Firm of the Year (Australia) at the 2018 Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards.
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2019 recognises eight partners and special counsel for their expertise.
- Gilbert + Tobin was named National Law Firm of the Year (Australia) at the 2016 Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards.
- Gilbert + Tobin was named National Law Firm of the Year at the (Australia) 2015 Asialaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards.
- Gilbert + Tobin was named Dispute Resolution Team of the Year at the 2014 Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards.