Australian competition and consumer law was the focus of a lot of high profile activity in 2019, and 2020 is promising more of the same, keeping the market on its toes.
In this report, we explore the key themes and developments in Australian competition and consumer law in 2019 and what’s ahead for 2020, including:
- A significant focus by the ACCC on the impact of digital platforms on competition and consumer welfare
- Higher penalties, particularly for consumer law breaches
- The introduction of Open Banking
- Proposed law reform, including the proposal to introduce a general prohibition against unfair practices
- Expected developments in infrastructure access
What’s in store for 2020 with the highly active ACCC? Download the full report below to find out more, and review the ACCC’s 2020 Compliance and Enforcement Priorities here.
This knowledge hub collates important articles and legal advice on various aspects of COVID-19 on how it may impact your business.